1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Wolf Experts please look.

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by a.larosae, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Patrick J

Patrick J You've got me mistaken for someone else

Hell son you don't need a wolf expert.......you need a carpenter. What is the bottom of the window sill in your house?....48"......yep it's a coyote

2. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman $90 for your fur made into trapper hat or mitts!

GEEEEEZ!! ;D K lemme see what I can find....LOL Price range? And do you want plushable/mountalbe?

3. jsbirds

jsbirds I think I can, I think I can...

Calm down now need to get all upset. You see I strictly do birds so I was just throwing some observations I get from the coyotes I shoot. Don't have wolves here in NY. So what do you think it is? And what are you basing it on? ???

4. Bangle

Bangle New Member

I don't need to calm down, I was just saying that it's kind of silly to base the entire animal off of it's tail tip. Just found it a little funny was all, I know that you specialize in birds, and not dogs. ;)

I said it was a wolf, and I think it so basically because of what Lord Rusty had said first, I think he hit the nail on the head with the thick, meaty muzzle and smaller ears. I also think that the colorations on this pelt are much more common to a wolf then to a coyote. I'm not saying that there aren't any yotes in this color, but I usually don't see any this light. Even my north yotes from Alaska and Canada aren't that white, and they don't have all white faces-which I have seen to be much more common in wolves.

5. lol if you find anything cool like that that is mountable/plushable just let us know :D we LOVE yotes... i want to collect all the colors of the yote, start a yote army in my bedroom LOL

6. Wolfwoman

Hmm, I know someone I can get all sorts of colors from... I'll be back with ya!

7. a.larosae

a.larosae One mind, any weapon.

Yea a friend of mine posted it up and I just am not sure if it's a wolf.. half of yall say yote and half say wolf!

8. Bangle

Bangle New Member

If it's your friend, have them get us some close up pictures of the face and ears. :) I think that might help a lot.

9. Bangle

Bangle New Member

Or...you could just read the CITES...cause that's not gonna lie lol.

10. its a small wolf
    a close up of the face would help but it looks like the nose pad is to large to be a yote and the tail is to long for a coyote as for the color I have one in my shop thats exactly the same color as a coyote

11. The fact that it has an attached CITES tag should give it away... I know of not ONE state or country that CITES tags its coyotes.

12. its a wolf

13. a.larosae

a.larosae One mind, any weapon.

Up close shot of face

[​IMG]

14. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    That's a Wolf ... most likely a female. Wide heavy muzzle, large nose pad, and short, wide ears, typical Wolf traits. Plus the CITES tag ... Coyotes are not CITES listed. The real shame is how she was butchered. No feet, no eyelids! No good ... to me at any rate. ;)

John.

15. yeah don't you hate that john, When you find a pelt and the feet are cut off lol. Its always the pretty ones to.

16. dugout

dugout Winners are just losers who never quit.

It's a wolf.......I have a hide that color in my collection.

17. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    It's sad, really. To me it's such a bloody waste of a gorgeous creature that might have had a chance at restoration. I mean, with a lot of work and bother something could be done ... but what a waste! :-\

John.

18. Wolfwoman

It's not a waste if I get hold of it!

19. DustyVinci

DustyVinci Masquerade! Paper faces on parade!

obvious wolf lol

20. Its a brush wolf, smaller than our timber's but larger than yote's.