1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

lowballers

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Joe Simmons, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

I keep deleting the crap, and you keep posting replies to it...

2. RDA

RDA Active Member

WELL I was called out Bill.... By someone that KNOWS NOTHING OF ME.........

3. Bill Yox

Ron...its not there. Lets just stick to the mindless argument about prices, and forget the petty name calling thats since been edited out. How bout all you talented artists go get some sleep, wake up tomorrow and after thanking the good Lord for the immense talent you all possess, go be with family or friends and have a happy day, call one of your fellow taxidermists, even the pigheaded ones, and although you dont agree with them, let them know youre with them. Or go mount something really cool so people who dont priceshop will throw some solid dollars to you. Exhale everyone, and good night.

4. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Everybody can sit here and argue all day long about how the lowballers are the reason you're miserable in this business.......I'll simply try & keep digging not worrying what another is doing. We all have our slow periods including our ups and downs. Last week was great, this week was so-so....I'll have to judge the season by the next 4 weeks. But if I have been on here for 2 years bitching about the same damn thing then maybe it's time I stop looking at and blaming the other Taxidermist.

Sorry, but this crap gets old.....stop worrying about what the **** SOMEBODY ELSE is doing and worry about your business. $h1t, that's all i've heard for 2 damn years is "the lowballers this & the lowballers that" GET OVER IT! America is FREE they can charge what they want!! If it bugs you that bad......FIND ANOTHER DAMN JOB!

5. B.S.O'Hare

B.S.O'Hare Member

How bout all you talented artists go get some sleep, wake up tomorrow and after thanking the good Lord for the immense talent you all possess, go be with family or friends and have a happy day, call one of your fellow taxidermists, even the pigheaded ones, and although you dont agree with them, let them know youre with them. Or go mount something really cool so people who dont priceshop will throw some solid dollars to you. Exhale everyone, and good night.

Amen Brother Bill!!!

6. RDA

RDA Active Member

MP, I HAVE NEVER BLAMED ANYONE for anything if thats what you read into it I can not help that ...YOU EVER wonder why all the real credible dermists are never seen on this sight??????

7. michael p.

I'm speaking in general Ron, I am not pointing a finger. So glad to know that there are no "credible" Taxidermist's on this site Ron....I guess it's all camera tricks that make those mounts look so amazing in the animal of the week threads,.

"No credible Taxidermist's on this site" Ohhhh the arrogance of some.

8. Bill Yox

Im credible.

9. michael p.

No you're not, Ron says quote "wonder why all the real credible dermists are never seen on this sight???" You suck Bill. Man, wait until Gary Bruch & Ken Bauman and others find out that they were not humble, they actually have ZERO credibility because "real credible dermists are never seen on this sight" Poor ol' Boxie, all this time I respected and looked up to his work, now I found out he's not one of the "credible" ones in this industry. I wonder who these "credible" people are, must be a secret society with a secret hand shake....or maybe it's one of those whom when the poop their pellets don't stink. Wow, I'll never look at Dennis' or Matt's work the same since I just found out they are not credible.

10. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Neither is Rick Carter or Ken Walker or Tony Finazzo or Nancy Crocker or Ken Bauman or Steve Favour or Manny Chavez or Jon Stanley or R.J. Simington or Jim B or Jim Marsico or EJ or Evelyn Mills, or John Bellucci or.......DAMN, I'M IN PRETTY GOOD COMPANY AIN'T I. I wonder just who the hell IS "credible" anymore.

11. cwt

cwt Active Member

mk you can do all the name calling you want doesnt hurt my feelings. it makes you sleep better at night for self justification for what you are charging then go ahead. Like I said before if you are worried about not being able to survive in this industry YOU chose, then maybe it is time to go get a different job. If you cant stick to what this is about and state your opinions and your experiences then DONT POST ANYTHING. stop acting like a taxidermist and act like a business man

12. cwt

cwt Active Member

x2 Michael Im done. this is going nowhere and I want no part of it...its on its way to getting deleted.Been fun playin no hard feelings.

13. Bill Dishman

Bill Dishman Well-Known Member

I havent said much on this subject thusfar, so i guess i will put my 2 cents worth in.
    Lowballers arent targeting any specific clientele. They just cast thier nets into the water and hope to drag in anything.
    Try to target the sportsmen who are in the top 10 percent, income wise and know the difference between quality taxidermy and below average taxidermy. This target customer doesnt call around checking prices. I removed my yellow pages listing cause i got tired of getting 20 calls a day asking how much for this, and how much for that.
    I guess lowballers have thier clientele too... the price shoppers who dont care about anything other than getting the cheapest price.
    If you want to be taken seriously, then charge what your work is worth. Sadly, some of those doing mounts cheap, ARE charging what they're worth.
    The flip side to this is that most customers dont know the difference between
    poor/fair & average/good taxidermy.
    The best we can all do is to educate our customers and prospective customers on the difference.

14. George

Bill, my sentiments exactly. I've done the same thing with those silly yellow page ads. But then again, you aren't reputable either and you're talking like a BUSINESSMAN, not a taxidermist. LOL

15. Logan

Logan New Member

Ohio
    Bill and George hit the nail on the head!

16. RDA

RDA Active Member

once again tow idgets take a statement and try to make something of it that its not ,,,,AS USUAL.... ::) DID I SAY NO CREDIBLE TAXIDERMISTS,,,,,,,NO...I didnt.. ::) ::) ::) :p

17. George

Hmm, I guess English is your second language now. Let me get this straight:
    "YOU EVER wonder why all the real credible dermists are never seen on this sight???"

Ron, when you find yourself in a hole, the best thing to do first is stop digging. You've already pissed off half a dozen good "beginner", "part time" taxidermists as well as all of us military veterans. Now you're attacking the credibility of some pretty heady taxidermists who stay on this site. Where's your next insult going to be aimed?

18. Man i just put this post on wondering what in the hell these guys are thinking when they give those prices and what they are using for materials , not thinknig this would set offf bombs. oh well
    Happy Thanksgiving

19. George

And the same to you and yours Joe.

20. RDA

RDA Active Member

hmmmm then only veteran I was referring to is YOU....once again you act the woman and blow thiongs out of proportion..... atttaaa boyyyeeee geeeeeeorgie...

but you are right about a poor choice in wording as I did not mean all credible dermists, I should have said most. as there are indeed very credible dermists on here. I guess with all the insults you were hurling my way i typed in haste... :p