1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Missouri Taxidermists

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Bobbi Meyer, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

How are your numbers this year?
    I've only gotten in 3 shoulder mounts and 2 European :-\

2. It's not a good year so far. I may be looking to get another job soon!

3. jk

jk Member

Nebraska

Central/Eastern Nebraska has been very good. I am already ahead of where I was last year. However, last year was very slow for me. Right now I would say I am even ahead of where I was two years ago. Alot of 150+ deer coming in. Not many 125's. I think the fact that many feel the worst of the recession is over and gas is cheaper seems to make a difference. Just my thoughts.

4. First bow season was horrible, opening weekend was low average. I have 17 shoulders at the moment and 3 euro's. Was hoping for a great year, but maybe next year......again. I heard that upwards of 75% of the corn was still in opening weekend and that coold rain was the nail in the coffin.

5. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

My archery season was better than it's ever been up here in NW MO, but the firearms season has been much slower than I expected. It looks like I'll end up about where I was last year for numbers.

6. Rsmith

Rsmith New Member

About half of what i had last year here in s.c. missouri

7. Tricia

Tricia New Member

Opening day was a boomer of a day, second day was pretty decent, then it slacked off a bit with the rain. Opening weekend, I had MORE than the last year's opening. I don't have the numbers I was hoping for, but it looks like I'll survive another year. I did fairly well considering what the others around here are telling me they did, seems like there's going to be a lot of hungry taxidermists in Missouri this year.

We have muzzleloader season next month, so maybe those folks that stayed warm and dry during the first week of season will dust off their cannons and hit the woods. And of course, there's the late comers...I usually get about a dozen frozen ones that come in after Christmas.

I'm kinda glad to have a break. I'm getting a little tired of picking ticks off me. ::)

8. jhenkel2135

jhenkel2135 New Member

Give it sometime, don't know about you but there is a lot of corn in still around here. Since the farmers have been busting their butts lately to harvest the corn, I been seeing more and more deer. Plus with the rut slowing down the big boys are moving even more so looking for those does. Good luck!! I pray it picks up for you guys.

9. Manny

Manny New Member

Down 2/3 rds. from last year :(

10. DSalters

DSalters New Member

Better than last year already and they are still coming in. I am not disappointed in the least. Most everyone I've talked to has had more productive hunts than normal.

I think part of much of the decline some are seeing is the economy. Where people would have gotten mounts done in the past, some may be opting out due to the costs.

11. Up from last year, good bow, youth and rifle season, and its early yet, still have muzzleloader season and rest of bow.
    Central Missouri, Another Taxi friend is having an awsome year. So is few others I personally know.

12. mike108

mike108 New Member

PA
    Boomin here in Southern PA

13. Matt

Matt Active Member

I just had a couple nice wts shipped from Missouri to do, they were covered in ticks bad!

14. Manny

Manny New Member

I too had one so bad I had to cape it outside, instead of the garage.

I kept a broom handy just to stop and sweep them off the driveway. They were crawling everywhere. :eek:

15. DSalters

DSalters New Member

The interesting thing is, the few October deer I dealt with were tick-free (at least, I didn't NOTICE any). October was also quite cold all month. November deer have been loaded with them which makes sense because this month has been quite warm.

16. crossbuck

crossbuck New Member

Mine has been a lot better this year than last, that's for sure!

17. 3w

3w Member

taxidermy is my hobby but more and more deer keep coming .I will some day do it full time.Seems like week economy has cut the numbers back alittle.