1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bob Wendt

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by wa, Dec 1, 2009.

1. wa

wa Thanks John...this depicts me better

Why??? Bob do you do this every year?? Why?? Do you think you are helping?? You're not! You use the fur market to set everyone Else's price except yours. I'm sure I'm going out on a limb here, Bob, but if there is one mammal I know better than you, it is bobcats. I have handled cats from everywhere for many, many years and unlike canines, cats make GREAT mounts with shorter FUR. If you want to help, just sell your things here for what YOU can get and please don't cut down others. They work for theirs just as hard as you do and you might want to show your fellow trappers and taxidermists some respect. Your jealousy shows though a lot when others make a good sale. Remember, just like I said in 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, and now 09, it is NOT the bobcat that makes the mount but the TAXIDERMIST. Maybe you will learn something this year so in 2010 we won't be doing this again. I won't be holding my breath though.

2. KAMoHunter

KAMoHunter Proud member of the WVTA

what the?

3. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Guys can fight over whos a good seller, or who has the best cats. I always thought that medium long length cats looked the best anyway, Im just not a big fan of super prime cats as fur ball mounts. For a bed cover it would be nice, but short or medium is best for the mounts I enjoy most, for sure.

4. copper

copper Active Member

took the words right out of my mouth Bill. The big plush furs are beautful, but shorter hair makes for anicer mount.

5. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

wa wa wah, cry me a river. here is a picture of a south texas coon, lol NOT!!!!!!

6. wendt

wendt New Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

7. LTravis

LTravis New Member

Looks like a regular damn old racoon to me,,lol...40 some bucks?? They are free out in the sticks...can catch a 100 in two weeks if I wanted...they are thick as mice anymore

8. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Ummmm, have you been on trapperman.com?

9. bob wendt

yep it`s a regular cuss word old raccoon. a big one. maybe 1 in 25 taken . and count perfect in every way, no bullet hole, no bad foot or beat in head, taxidermy skinned perfect and flawless dec 1st fur and now we are up to 1 in 500. and shipped the right way and packed the right way by someone who knows how to do it and has an impeccable reputation of consistently delivering exactly as he says and now we are up to 1 in maybe several thousand. just regular old coon...... maybe you are thinking of that bloated one you saw on the interstate last july.

10. LTravis

LTravis New Member

LOL---man you got yourself right up there on the pedestal with LordRusty...LMAO....1 in a 1,000..common man give me a freak`n break...Yup--perty hard to skin a racoon and package it...flawless fur---that`s not too hard to come by...connibears do a real good job of that...i could make 30 box sets and have you 30 flawless raccoons in no time...ain`t nothing special about ANY racoon...Bob I started trapping when I was 10 years old...43 now...I`ve seen hundreds of "flawless" racoons. he he...

11. I'd like to see you catch 100 coon the size of that one pictured. I did see one like that last summer along the road and he had one arm up waving at everyone as they went by.

12. LTravis

LTravis New Member

Well Bob says that his size makes him 1 in 25...so I`d have to catch 2500 coon to get a 100 of them...lol...Coons in KS haven`t been trapped hard in years--MANY years...large racoons aren`t that hard to come by anymore..at least not around here....My point is I would never spend a penny to buy a racoon when you can go out and catch as many as ya want...to make them look special---well he`s just getting a little carried away.....is it worth 40 some dollars to some people..probably so..guess i`m just a do it yourselfer on about everything...

13. bob wendt

nah travis, 100 coon are easy, but not like the one in the pic. it`s probably a 3 year old male, maybe 4 year old. old enough to get good as they get but not so old he is scratch backed and rough. about 80% of coon each year are yearlings, i.e. born last spring. so if anything my 1 in 100 is low. you and wa wa wah can talk all the smack you want. neither of you have ever bought anything off me that I remember, so you aren`t squat to me. I`ll just stay to reality and facts and you two can flap your gums and talk smack.

14. bob wendt

agreed, you ought to go trap your own. costs $17.65 to ship one included in that $40. and someone has to taxidermy skin it, pack it and carry it to he p.o. that part is free, or the coon is free and you charge for the skinning/packing/ driving. regular get rich rip off scam, eh?

15. LTravis

LTravis New Member

Well your right there...I haven`t ever bought anything from ya cause I catch my own critters or buy from one other guy locally..I haven`t had my fur dealers licsense for 4 or 5 years now cause I just don`t need to buy cats anymore...when I was running big lines I was focusing on beaver and bobcats...I threw all my coons in the back of my buddies truck..too me anymore they are like oppossums...just screw up my sets..and I will disagree with ya on the 80% being yearlings--at least in my area that`s not the case. I got trail cam picts of some big old boys..6 of them and 3 of them are definately not yearlings...so maybe 50% in my neck of the woods...Like WA said..just post your stuff and call it good but leave others out of the picture...

47.65....I have no prob with ya making money Bob...with the market down for years I`m glad trappers are finding other avenues to keep the heritage alive...it just goes back to that old saying--it`s not what ya say but how ya say it..

16. bob wendt

hey, i didn`t started this thread and never mentioned anyone in any of my for sale ads. never.

17. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Don't feel bad Bob ... I was mentioned because of the Jones LTravis has for me! ;) Bob, don't you know that projecting a confident attitude on here makes you a hated "know-it-all" by those who don't? Shame on you for that, Bob! ;) Good times!

All the Raccoons I know are live, and happy eating Old Yeller dog food from Kroger!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Or ... sitting in it! ;) ;D ;D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

John.

18. trapperfred

trapperfred New Member

lol rusty i could use them coons to breed here

19. aatax

aatax Member

Really Bob your posts are quite comical; everything is flawless, XXXL huge, perfect, and better than everyone elses. I always get a kick out of what you post for sale. Probably no question that your an accomplished trapper but really Wayne hit the nail right smack dab on the head, you have a big time double standard when you reference the fur market prices on everyone elses posts but then jack up your "1 in a million fur" to the taxidermy market.

20. bob wendt

aatax, no, you guys don`t realize I catch many many animals( thousands in any given year, yet very few ever make for sale here) I never list as they just aren`t up to snuff. in fact most animals, no matter where taken are not taxidermy quality due to genetic flaws or unavoidable other flaws. when I do list a flawed animal, it is described exactly. I`ve found there is little demand for average or less than average animals. you guys want 10 dollar coons and etc, oh I have those too, but then you`d say all my animals are avererage or less. so you see I truly am offering the creme of the crop and exactly as described. and worth every penny by anyones standards. if I say it is xxxl, perfect, flawless, obne in 100, it is exactly that. and you`d have to show me any 1 in a million post. now you are exaggerating, not me. you guys are getting achance at some extremely uncommon animals. you want to pass on them and get much less ,to save 5 cents, that`s your call. I don`t run a wall mart. if I`ve ever sold to you, aatax (don`t remember) was it not exactly as you expected, or better? you think my for sale ads are funny, . they aren`t funny, they are all business and exactly as advertised. look for bad feed back on me. isn`t any, lol, with the exception of the infamous $2 dick bone collecter several years back. anyone ever did have alegitimate complait, I replace or refund. everyone knows that. if anything is prepped and salt dried, thus no issue on return, it is sold satisfaction guaranteed or money refunded. can`t get ny fairer than that. everyone has seen that posted over and over and over.