1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bobcat Challenge..Check the list for your username!

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by code6202, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Because we haven't had a challenge in such a long time, and I always wanted to host a challenge.

The Rules:

One bobcat mount, any pose, any type of base.
    Three photos allowed per entry. Pictures should be at least 300 pixels on the smallest side.
    Pics must be taken OUTSIDE (no fancy backdrops!).
    Entries must be PM'd by February 28, 2010.
    NO old mounts. It must be a mount finished between now and the end date.

This is a "Taxidermists' Choice" challenge, therefore the winner will be decided by a poll. The mounter of each cat will remain anonymous until the voting is over. So when you finish your cat and take the 3 photos, you can PM or Email them to me (codi_jdo@hotmail.com) by Feb 28, and I will post each group of photos with a number on a poll thread. If you send them in an email, be sure to include your taxinet user name, and put "bobcat challenge" in the subject so I know who it's from.

The prize:

An awesomely special award plaque!

If you would like to participate in this challenge, please say so on this thread.

2. snowhare

snowhare New Member

Re: Bobcat Challenge.. Anyone interested?

YOU BETTER WATCH OUT FOR WA THAN ;D ;D

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU , I STAY AWAY FROM THIS ONE ,

GR SN

3. LTravis

LTravis New Member

I may be able to pull something off...The Feb date would work best for me...That`ll be right before the KS show and I haven`t competed in 3 years so maybe i`ll throw something together...I`ll speak for WA--he`s in...he`ll just be confused on which cat he`ll be wanting to put in the comp...His Christmas cats should be comming out on Ebay soon if not already...rake it in Wayne--rake it in...

4. wa

wa Thanks John...this depicts me better

not for me. it's almost time for me to go.have fun you guys good luck

5. LTravis

LTravis New Member

Go----Go where????

6. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

I'll throw my hat in. Have a couple to do for a good client. Feb 1 is fine.

7. 3w

3w Member

I am in feb 28 would be best for me real busy.Ihave only mounted 3 bobcats this will be great learning exp. for me.

8. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

WA, care to elaborate? :-\

9. Re: Bobcat Challenge.. Anyone interested?

i have a bobcat in my freezer i might be able to enter :) if i have time. Sounds fun.

10. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

I still have a few cats left to mount. Count me in Codi! ;)

11. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

what about Lynx, just a "noorthern Bobcat!?? :-\

12. Re: Bobcat Challenge.. Anyone interested?

how about just a cat challenge? lol

13. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I'm in for sure. Sounds like fun. Sorry to hear wa won't be playing, but at least we get the next best thing...LTravis. :) Dates really don't make much difference to me. Jan 31 and Feb 28 are both good dates, or split the difference with Feb 15th. Just let me know and I'll get started.

I'm calling somebody out though...AndyO, where you at? Time for you to come out of your challenge retirement!!!

14. Re: Bobcat Challenge.. Anyone interested?

Cool beans to all ! We'll make the date 2/28, since it looks like a few of the peoples need the extra time. If you get your kit kats done long before then, you can just send the pic early, or save it until we get closer to the end.

RDA since the last challenge had fox drama because some were red and some were black, I do not think a lynx would make a good entry for this bobcat challenge. It can be any subspecies of bobcat, preferably an adult cat, from texas or the rocky mountains or big fluffy western or smaller eastern, from the redwood forests or the gulf stream waters, as long as it's first name is Bob and last name is Cat.

I updated the rulez list on top with the date and a picture size, since tiny pictures drive me batty.

15. Re: Bobcat Challenge.. Anyone interested?

I am a beginner who has never mounted a bobcat, but I have one in the freezer right now and would love the challenge. Sounds like fun.

Jennifer

16. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

oh well......guess ill just watch......

17. Re: Bobcat Challenge.. Anyone interested?

I'm in just picked up a cat from Wendt.. First for me love a crack at it and a good bashing critique..... HERE KITTY KITTY!!! Feb 15th sounds good...

Todd

18. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Well-Known Member

I have a cat in the freezer I need to mount up and I think I can work it in between now and February so count me in too. This will be motivation! On a another note, I wouldn't have a problem with RDA's "yankee" bobcat, there's about as much difference in between our Texas cats and the northern/rocky mountain bobcats as there are with a Lynx. Just my thoughts...

19. 10PTBUCK

10PTBUCK Member

wi

I am in, I will give it a try also
    Todd

20. MIKEO-PA

MIKEO-PA Mike and Jen Olszanowski, pa

if mike gets his done in time i will enter it. he has two, if they both get done can both be entered? if not i will choose one. thanks.
    jen