1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 4~ Week # 6-7

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 4~ Week # 6-7

Week #6-7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warm welcome form Hinsdale New Hampshire!!!!! I really wish That’s I could write this with out so much sadness I hope this will reflect the kindness and the love so many had for Mr. Gary Cichy.
    Lets all celebrate the work of a fellow fishhead and a fellow fish artist who was taken far to soon!

I want to personally say thank you for letting me join you every week in your successes and accomplishments! I have seen first hand the great strides so many have made with beautiful fish work! Good for you and congratulations on your hard work!!!!

Let's start of the week recognizing those who shared their wonderful work with all of us! Thanks for all the beautiful fish work in this past weeks this week in fish pictures!

I want to thank all of the great contributors who really show not only great talent and work but rather give such inspiration to all of us!

A great week Fishheads!!!!!
    From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every week in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another.

I would like to start this week with the Beautiful work of Mr. Gary Cichy!! Gary was absolutely one of the most genuinely kind and real people you could ever have the pleasure of meeting! Talented and generous with his friendship Gary was truly and inspiration for all of us! In his 52 years of living a life this mans proved to all of his friends and fmaily that living a life is getting out of bed each and every day and taking the opportunity to make the best of life and what it has to offer!

True inspiration of courage when faced with Cancer a few years ago Gary proved that in some cases a great attitude along with a reason and purpose to make the most of life is just what Gary shared with his family and friends!
    Way to early some times a life ends as we know it but the sprit lives on in the hearts and minds of the rest of us! God Bless you Gary and your family as well to your great friend Mr. Doug Petrousek!!!

I sure hope you enjoy the inspiration and timeless work of Mr. Gary Cichy!

So here goes!

I hope you enjoy the week!

So with out further ado let's get week # 6-7 under way.

So here we go and here is to a great week in fish pictures!!!! # 6-7 Enjoy!

My Best!

You're Friend
    Rick Krane

Here is some great picture of the beautiful work of Mr. Gary Cichy, provided to me by Gary’s’ great friend Mr. Doug Petrousek!!!

Panther Grouper

[​IMG]

Cool Muskie!

[​IMG]

Super Smallie!

[​IMG]

Here is the Brochure that Mr. Cichy sued to share with his clients the beautiful work of Gary Cichy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

!

Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry
    312 Chesterfield Road
    Hinsdale, New Hampshire 03451
    Office 603-336-7296
    Email [email protected]
    Web www.anglersartistry.com

2. Beyond amazing work. Gary's work is sooo impressive to me. Each and every piece seem to be just flawless and so clean. It is truley as shame the way he left and I wish nothing but the very best to his family and dear friends. This is too sad. Thanks for sharing Rick.

3. Have a few pictures of Gary's fish carvings, that he had at the 2009 World Show. We have them posted in the Fishcarving2 Yahoo Group. Quality of the pictures might not be fantastic, but, I assure you the carvings were fantastic.

Gene

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Rick & Dougp,
    Thanks for providing the pics of Gary Cichy's work....The Panther Grouper is Excellent !
    I can't stop looking at the flow and detail of the entire mount.
    Gary left behind some magnificent work...

Shown below is a recent Custom cast Lake Erie Yellow perch I did for a customer in Pennsylvania...

Attached Files:

5. AnglingArtisan

AnglingArtisan Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing more of Gary's creations...truly fine art right there!

10.5" x 1.25 lb. Bluegill
    (blank available Left or Right turn)
    [​IMG]

6. KAMoHunter

KAMoHunter Proud member of the WVTA

great work of gary's a true artist. great work on the gill i like it.

7. crankin

crankin New Member

WI
    his carvings are the best i have seen, i really like that gilly Rich

8. Wow
    Gary's work is amazing.
    I love that crappie moving up under the log, the relaxed dorsal fin is amazing.
    Its very sad he is no longer with us, but his art and passion live on in his work.

Here are a few of mine this week.

White crappie custom replica, and a common carp quarter cast.
    The carp isnt on its wall base yet. It is a Christmas gift for a friend of mine. Every year I like to make at least 5 things for friends and family, not everyone gets something every year but eventually they will all get something.
    Its so much fun making something with a person in mind from start to finish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Bill4bass

Bill4bass New Member

Not to put down fish taxidermy in any way, because that is what I do, but I really believe that wood carving is a level above all forms of wildlife artistry. Wow!!! What a phenomenal artistry Gary's work showed to all of us!!!!! God's peace to his family!!!!!!

10. sparkyf

sparkyf New Member

RIP Gary....what an inspiration. Josh...damn I wish I was a relative of yours! LOL....Those are 2 AMAZING pieces. WOW :eek:

11. AnglingArtisan

AnglingArtisan Well-Known Member

Strong Work Josh! :eek:

12. of

of New Member

Great work AA and Josh!!!!

13. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Josh,

You completely failed to pull off even a remotely close paintjob to the actual fish species. Now, just place those in a well insulated box, and ship to my address a.s.a.p.

Great job as always my friend.

Gary's work is always a pleasure. I have a hard time picking my favorite between his pieces. Its between the Smallies, and his Crappies. He will be missed.

14. My prayers go out to Mr.Cichys Family. Here is my metal Blue crab and Speckled trout

Attached Files:

15. more

Attached Files:

16. sorry ,one more

Attached Files:

17. Jon S

Jon S Well-Known Member

The coloring on that crab looks about perfect.

18. copper

copper Active Member

This is a Brown Trout reproduction that I did for Illinois Bird Taxidermist Brad Laaker. It is a pedistal mount using hand carved rocks and copper reeds. I'll try and get a better photo of the base as is was made by Mr. Robert West,aka Show me state

Attached Files:

19. I finally finished up a 31" Steelhead Reproduction. Christmas gift for my son in law..
    The Blank came from Rich Benedict... ;)

Attached Files:

• stl1.jpg
      stl1.jpg
      File size:
      99.6 KB
      Views:
  20. There was a lot of tipping on a Steelhead that size....

Attached Files: