1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

New Ohio Muzzleloader Nontypical deer

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by arby, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Like I said, I wasnt taking anything from it, other than maybe rolling my eyes at how the stories fly as usual. Heath, Id be so happy if it were me (or you!) that I doubt I could measure straight till I came back down again!!!!

2. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Well-Known Member

Ohio
    Tim, wouldn't "we" like to mold that one !! Heck I would just love to see it in person !

3. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!

4. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Amen Brother. Maybe on this one "we" could collaborate!! LOL

5. Heath Cline

Ohio
    Bill, if the numbers posted are correct that it grosses 213 as a 9 point, then it looks to me like it would gross atleast 200" on its 8 point frame(if the 9th tine wasn't there) WOW unreal for a 8 point frame !!

6. antlerman

You heard about the 190+ 8 ptr killed in Illinois this year didn't ya? Yep, their saying new state record. POACHED!! AND CONFISCATED!!!

7. Bill Yox

Heath, I grew another 180" 8 point again this year here. This Ohio buck is huge, but those brows are not in keeping with the rest...do you think the other points will make up the difference?

8. Heath Cline

Ohio
    Bill, its hard to say. But those other tines are LONG, they could make up alot for it.
    Hey, doesn't that hunter look like David Morris when you first glance at ?? When I first looked at it quickly, thats who I thought it was.

Tim , yes I heard about that buck. Do you have any pics of it ?

9. Bill Yox

Lol, other then some gray hair, yeah it does!

10. antlerman

Tim , yes I heard about that buck. Do you have any pics of it ?

No, I don't. I got the call and it was supposely on it's way here, but it got cut off at the pass before it got here.. Oh, and the funny thing about it was it was a cop friend of his that called me. I've done work for that cop before. OOps!!

11. That buck was shot in southern Minnesota. (195" 8 point) It was poached by a 32 year old loser in Cannon Falls, MN. He had already shot a buck and a doe previously and didn't tag either of them. It would have been a world record for a clean 8.

12. antlerman

You may very well be correct on that. I haven't heard or seen anything on it other than that one phone call, and then the rumor. Thanks for the info.

13. waterdude

waterdude You gotta KILL IT... before you can GRILL IT!

Field and Stream just posted the story and 17 pics on their website...It was taken on their family farm in Highland Co. Ohio...
    What a MONSTER....Last night, two official B&C and Buckmasters measurers put a green score on it. Numbers aren’t everything, that’s for sure.
    But they can be kind of fun, so I thought I’d share some of the figures:

Left G2: 18 inches
    Right G2: 16-6/8
    Inside Spread: 24-3/8
    Left main beam: 35-1/8
    Right main beam: 34-4/8
    Green gross: 249-5/8
    Green net: 232-5/8
    They are saying the Left main beam shatters any ever recorded by almost 2"...What a buck of a lifetime!!!

14. antlerman

WOW!! That is some BEAMS!! WOW!

15. hey the deal with that record eight pointer is this: (i am from minnesota this is how i know ;) ) it would have been easily the world record eight. shot in south eastern minnesota. come to find out the guy already filled his two deer limit with a small buck and a doe before he shot this one. he didnt tag either of the first two. best part about it is that he wasnt even smart enough to keep his mouth shut. went all around bragging about it, facebook and so on. well all the other people who had hunted the deer for the last few years werent too happy. and since they knew he already shot his two, decided to give him what he deserves. DNR shows up to find the buck and the first two deer hanging in the garage UN-TAGGED and UN-REGISTERED. took his bow and all three deer etc. should have taken the house, the truck, and everything else too but whatev... the guy says he needed the extra deer for the meat. pffff, right...

so anyways. south eastern minnesota, world record eight, POACHED, guys got all kinds of fines and long time with no hunting priviledges. should be for life and fine the piss out of the guy. IMO

16. Bill Yox

Those are killer numbers on the Ohio buck, but honestly, I cant see it. Im sure its just one that looks bigger in person. Glad to see the monsters showing up!

17. chongo

chongo Member

If I saw this Ohio one and the Mn clean 8 standing together, I would take the clean 8. Just personal preference. Too bad it is now "tarnished" and we might not ever see another picture of such a great deer.

18. antlerman

Did anyone get any pictures that we can see??

19. MattHCT

MattHCT New Member

What a TOAD.

20. yeah, got a picture. it'll blow your mind. here she is!

[​IMG]