1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Week #19 Feb 9 2007- Feb 15 2007

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    Rich very nice artwork!! Dougp, like your steelheads! This week I am not doing fishwork, but following Rich this is a painting on a rock for a customer. Idea for others? ;)

2. AnglingArtisan

AnglingArtisan Well-Known Member

Awesome Piranha...that red belly is stunning!

Rick/Fred: That Striper is a beauty.
    Who made the blank?

Ole: Love the rock painting...your work is truly inspiring...that male atlantic from last week was amazing too.

3. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

Rich, I don't know if anybody has ever told you this, but did you know that you slighty resemble Brad Pitt??? LOL!

I especially love all the flat art this week! It's neat to see all the talent in other mediums as well!!!

4. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

Thanks Rich! Fred is very happy and proud of his effort! The repro is sold through New wave George Dante did the mold first for Mike. I really like the cast very much. Not a lot of work to be done and fabulous detail for sure. Lots of fun to work with!

Ollie! Love the Art work!!!! Man of Manthe beauty on this sight is breathtaking!!!!

Off to paint!

Rick

5. dougp

dougp Active Member

Sheeesshh!! You guys are somethin'!! Beautiful stuff every week! Red Stag....great idea!!On a rock!! Thanks to all for the nice words......
    Fred...love the closed mouth natural look to the striper.

Maybe you all will get a kick out of this........customer came with great lakes male late spawn chinook head only. Wanted head mount w/partial body & fins. I pulled the large lower teeth, cast the head, cast some fins I had frozen, carved body out of styro, covered w/textured paper towels & carpenter's glue, inserted teeth & fins. I'm painting now...will post photo of finished head when done. You guys are very inspiring....keep the "fire" burnin'...!!!

6. AnglingArtisan

AnglingArtisan Well-Known Member

Marty: Yeah some say Brad Pitt...maybe a bit of Robert Redford in his youth...LOL!!!!!!
    The photo is Brad Pitt in the movie "A River Runs Through it"...a must see for any true FishHead. :D

DougP: Ahhh yes the "Full Shoulder Fish Mount"...the thought has crossed my mind LOL!
    Can't wait to see it finished. Great problem solving there! Paper towling for scales...how ingenious!!!

7. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    Thanks for the good words! So many great artists here. Thanks to all of you. :)

8. Todd K

Todd K New Member

Dougp, that walleye is sweet! I live right on Lake Erie in Ohio and I see a lot and even catch a few every year. Also guys, all the other work is awesome!!!!!!!! You guys are true artists! Thank you for sharing with the rest of us.

9. Capt. Bryan

Capt. Bryan Guest

26" custom cast Spotted sea trout 8)

10. ArtistcAnglerInc.

ArtistcAnglerInc. New Member

A King Mackeral....my first ever actually. Just like all my other firsts, I wish I could do it over again right now. It always seems like I learn so much just by doing something new. For instance, on this fish I thought I went heavy with my shimmering colors. I know now that I could have went even crazier with my shimmering colors, or pigment or whatever you wanna call it. When the clearcoat hit that thing, alot of those colors dissapeared or blended in. I know this is a rather "boring" looking fish but its all I got for this week.....though I am on the verge of finishing up a drawing that I will post next go round.

GREAT WORK AS ALWAYS EVERYONE! Yo Mayhem, yous a bad mutha.....shut yo mouth! lol cool cat.

11. DanB

DanB New Member

This is a 26 inch walleye skin mount from Canada with a custom carved body. There is alot of talented fish artists out there, keep up the good work everyone.
    [​IMG]

12. DanB

DanB New Member

Walleye close-up
    [​IMG]

13. topnotch

topnotch Member

here is my first smallie reproduction- open to criticism

14. topnotch

topnotch Member

the other side

15. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Scary work out there Ladies and Gentleman, Scary work!!! Im glad you all show your work, hopefully in the next week or two , I'll be able to share with you all. Great stuff everyone. Awesome!!!

16. dougp

dougp Active Member

Here is the finished king head mount that I posted earlier here. Not exactly "anatomically correct" with the artificial skin , but will work for my customer under the cicumstances. Easy and fun to do$ $$$$. Also posting a 14lb. full mount walleye just finished. Base was meant to be kept simple....customer wants to play at finishing....!!

17. Wow, that salmon head and walleye look great, dougp!!

18. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

Great week gang!

Hey Doug way cool Head mount! I love it! Super nice walleye too!

Hey Bryan! very nice custom cast of a Spotted Trout!! great work!

Hey Matt! Increadable King Mackerel!!! beautiful work as always!

Dan B!!! Great Walleye! Nice coloration in the over all especially the face detail and great lines! You hit the mark on this one!!

Hey Topnotch! Very well done first Smallie repro! Drop me an email and we can talk about a few things... Over all very well done! great work!

Here is a few pic's of Mr. Fred Prides Steelie. He took a few ham shots too! LOL!

Have a great day and keep the fish beauty coming!

My Best!

Rick

19. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I'm done with fish until spring so I rarely have anything to post, but this is still my favorite thread! After seeing AnglingArtisan's painting I had to at least drag out the sketch pad. It's nothing fancy, or even finished, just a sketch of an 'eye.

20. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

Wow Cole, that's incredible! Very nice, soft touch. I'm somewhat versed in drawing but could never get the realism that you and others are able to capture. I now have to peel my jaw off the keyboard so I need to go - lol!!!