1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Week #19 Feb 9 2007- Feb 15 2007

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Love the work out there guys!!!! Awesome head mount. I dont see too many of those out there. And that is an incredible walleye as well. Mr. Fred, awesome Steelhead man!!! I like the picture by the brook!! Keep it going everyone, fantastic week to all.

2. Todd K

Todd K New Member

Once again guys, very inspiring!!!!!!

3. That pedestal walleye is awesome. I love the way the barring does not interfere with the lighter centered scale detail.

4. Wow, dougp, that pedistal walleye mount is beautiful!

5. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

Cole!!!! Man what a great work of sweet art! Love the work! Thank you for showing your talent!!!

Rick

6. dougp

dougp Active Member

CraigR, ToddK, endeavor, Rick, Marc, BIGUN....thanks, glad you like "em. This thread has breathed some new enthusiasm in me. Gotta admit I was hearing "ole Mr. Burnout" pounding on my door :-\ Getting involved here helped to keep that door closed :) Thanks to all of you, with special thanks to the Stehling's and Mr. Rick Krane for starting and continuing this thread. :) :)

Uuuuhhhh, yeah, thank you too Marty, I think ??? ???

7. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

Well Doug, you're welcome (I think) LOL! All kidding aside, I'm just SO happy with this new forum. I've been talking you up for years on this board and as they say "a picture is worth a thousand words". Since everyone's definition of "quality" is relative, pictures are IMPERITIVE for getting your point across. I think your skin mounts have raised the bar for all of us. At least MOST of us. I don't know how many of us will ever approach your level of quality (I know I'll never get there!) because you can only teach "Art" so much and then it falls into the realm of natural ability. BUT, by seeing how GOOD a commercial skin mount can truly be, I think your efforts can help all of us improve somewhere, somehow on our own mounts. And that can only help our industry. Personally, I was truly blessed to just happen to pick you out of the phone book when I wanted to learn this business! I had NO CLUE how talented you were until perhaps halfway into the course. And then as I performed all the tasks and learned myself, I saw even more in depth at how difficult it is to replicate mother nature to the level that you do. I'm still learning and always "in awe". Seeing your mounts in person is even more humbling. I've only been doing this a decade now and I too have had stages of "burn-out". And seeing your work always adds new inspiration for me to start my day. I can only guess it is also inspiring to others frequenting this board. I don't want to get too mushy and sound like a sap on this board. But, I think you deserve the recognition and all I can say is I am forever grateful for all your help (and continued help). YOU resqued me from the boredom of the corporate world. I'm broke as hell, but happier than I've ever been - LOL! Thanks again for everything...

8. dougp

dougp Active Member

WOW MARTY!!!!! :eek: After that post I don't know what to say :eek: One of the few times I'm left without words except to say, Thank You! I'm glad you're happy with your taxidermy and glad I may have played a part in that. It's going to make it more difficult to throw "zingers" at you from now on.....wel l l l l ....for a little while anyway ;D Thank you very much........

9. FishArt

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding Doug, I was being sarcastic with that whole post - I mean't it tongue and cheek - DOH! LOL! (Now, how's THAT for a ZINGER bud??? LOL!) Just kiding again of course. I can't even imagine what life was like BEFORE taxidermy anymore (I think that's a GOOD thing???) :) Thanks again for picking up the phone that day ten years ago!!! (MAN has time flown!!!!)

10. Ron K

Ron K New Member

Hi thought i would add my two cents worth Ron K

11. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Not sure you got your full 2 cents worth.

12. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

Good morning! We are finally getting some real snow here in NH. Not that I look forward to it but I keep telling folks about all the snow we typically have Lol! I have been reading some of the recent posts and it is a good thing that Greg and Aaron started some thing which really has turned in to some thing very specail! We all come here knowing that no hard words or controversy has a place here. Pettiness is checked at the door along with the hard edge of ego. We came here to praise our efforts wether they be that of a very new beginner of a old seasoned taxidermist alike. We take time to thank each other as well as write thoughts of gratitude and inspartation back an forth! This is truly a one of kind string and I want to say thank you for making it what it is and always will be. No need for moderaters here as we have done our own self policing and when needed gentle correcting for those getting use to how this works so well.

So with that all said! Enjoy the day share more of your beautiful work be it fish mounts, repros , carvings or beautiful drawings alike!

Here is a nice picture of a great Permite from my good friend George Dante

My Best!

Rick Krane

13. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Wow, that Permite must be alive!!!! Outstanding work....

14. Ron K

Ron K New Member

test

15. Ron K

Ron K New Member

I dont believe it but i think i got it ! Ron K

16. dougp

dougp Active Member

Things were quiet here until Ron beat me to a post :D Nice job Ron!! You've got the knack...!!
    Here's another pedestal mount that I'm just finishing....

17. Very natural looking paint jobs on the 'Eyes Ron and Doug.I like the pose on the pedestal also.Great work once again.I wish I was back home doing fish instead of visiting my Dad in the hospital.

18. FishArt

Doug, I can see you used the fish fill method on that walleye. Some of the fill has oozed out the vent and has hardened. You may wish to trim this off before delivering this to your customer - lol! As usual, nice mount!!!

19. tonyt

tonyt New Member

IOWA
    Here is a brown trout replica I love trouts but for me I hardly get any to mount so I buy replicas.

20. tonyt

tonyt New Member

IOWA
    Here's one more pic, Rick thanks for the comments