1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

broken tines

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by mjsandt, Dec 8, 2009.

1. mjsandt

mjsandt New Member

what is a fair price to charge for fixing broken tines. do you charge per tine. I know pricing can be a can of worms on here but i dont get many requests to fix tines but I have one coming tomorrow morning with two tines and I told him I would have to look at them before I could price it.

2. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

Make sure you are also MOUNTING the deer before you quote a price.

3. mjsandt

mjsandt New Member

somebody, just get me in the ballpark

4. 9pointer

9pointer Member

$40 a point

5. Scott Musgrave

Scott Musgrave Little Wildcat Creek Taxidermy, Sharpsville, IN.

I charge $25.00 per point.

6. JW

JW New Member

It depends on how much work, broken tine I will be replacing. Complexity of the texture... roughly $30.00-$50.00.

7. Becky@RR

[email protected] New Member

There are too many different sizes of points and just wait, before you know it you will receive the broken main beam. I charge by the inch with a set minimum. Then if I receive a simple job, I can credit the client. No client ever complains about a price being cheaper than quoted.
    To determine your price, take a few of the following factors into consideration: 1-the quality you are capable of producing, 2- the type and price of materials (depending on what you use), and 3- the amount of time it takes you, on average, to fix a tine. Unless you are just learning, still trying to perfect the art, or have tons of time on your hand - don't sell yourself short - you don't want to get stuck wasting time on a job that you make your least amount of profit on. Trust me people will pay for a good quality job - after all they are trying to fool their friends into thinking they shot a bigger deer and a poor job wouldn't let their buddies believe it.

8. mjsandt

mjsandt New Member

thanks. it has both g3s broken off. I told him $45 per point and he never blinked. he left three heads with me. thanks again.

9. MattHCT

MattHCT New Member

$25 per hour plus supplies if its a significant cost.

10. Silverbrook

Silverbrook New Member

I charge $10 per inch of bone replaced. phil

11. Matt

Matt Active Member

I charge a 45.00 minimum, and it's 20/In after that.

12. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

i charge $10 an inch. its easy work, takes very little time to do minor repairs. but if its bigger the money also goes up because of the inches fixed. always make money on the repairs.

13. I get $40 per point unlless its a large one.

14. Curt

Curt Family Life member of the NTA

on repair work like that and cleaning, I charge $35.00 an hour. that way when it is an easy quick fix the customer is real happy and if things go south on me and I end up investing alot of time in the job I am still getting paid.

15. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

I"m cheap.....$5 an inch

16. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

$50 an 1 1/2" ;D

17. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

I try to convince them to leave it like it was. I hate that kind of work.

18. bulldog4949

bulldog4949 "Mounting your Memories"

Matt-

$50 minimum and $20 per inch after?

How many inches does your minimum include?

I have 3 sets to do....and underestimated on the last ones. Thanks.