1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Mounting Stand Tip (PIC)

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by trapperr, Dec 10, 2009.

1. trapperr

trapperr New Member

On my stand i have a small magnet that helps hold screws and tools , makes it convenient when hanging a deer form on your stand as the screws are right there for ya , Might be a good tip for you new guys .......

[​IMG]

2. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    It is a good tip for anyone! I have used magnetic discs on my stands for years like farriers use on the job, but never thought to share the idea. Way to go Trapperr! ;)

John.

3. trapperr

trapperr New Member

Yes John the things we do everyday we take for granted that others might know but new guys into it might fine a simple thing like that very helpful , Thanks John

4. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

I put one screw in my left hand and 3 in my mouth between my lips.. Works slicker than snot.. and if I choke... the wife will be rich.. ;D

Hoytman

5. alabamarutandstrut

alabamarutandstrut Hero's are people who help people in need.

Magnets work on the wall at your bench as well. No hunting in drawers for some things. Works for me anyway. ;D Joe

Attached Files:

• shop.jpg
      shop.jpg
      File size:
      74.1 KB
      Views:
  6. TNdeer

TNdeer Member

Dang Alabama.... You wanna buy some more scissors! ;D

7. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

I know.. it looks like a clip from the movie SAW.. LMAO

8. Curt

Curt Family Life member of the NTA

I like the idea. Seems like I always got screws hanging outa my mouth to.

9. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

I have used magnets on my stands for a long time, I love the idea.

10. trapperr

trapperr New Member

I was thinking the same thing !! haha , That's a lot a scissors ! I got a bunch also ,they get dull & ya just pick up more but ya got me beat !!

11. My idea works even better, I stick the screws to the steel plate on the side of my skull!

12. Thats a very cool!

13. Manny

Manny New Member

I could have that many scissors and still lose them all in a 4 foot radius around me ;D

14. Big Tine

Big Tine have a great day

kick ass tip

15. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Yep, great idea, I used magnets to hold allen wrenches on my gear cutting machines at work.

16. hoho

hoho New Member

Great tip, i am going to do that tomorrow. MrT that is great, always looking for the allen wrench to adjust guards and such. Awsome

17. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

If you have a dead computer around,,, pull the hard drive out and take it apart, there are super strong magnets in there that will hold hammers.

18. alabamarutandstrut

alabamarutandstrut Hero's are people who help people in need.

That is funny now that I look at it close, But I have a job for almost every pair of sciccors.

19. supdavetax

supdavetax New Member

I will have one tomorrow .THANKS!