1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Best I've Seen

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Scott Musgrave, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Scott Musgrave

Scott Musgrave Little Wildcat Creek Taxidermy, Sharpsville, IN.

This was killed about 20miles from my house, Friends are trying to talk him into letting me mount him. I'm thinking of contacting him to discuss mounting for cost. I should have posted this on Most Symetrical Buck Tread but I wanted all to see him. Rumor is he grosses 220 +. Even his stickers match. Please wish me luck on getting to mount this Monster.

Attached Files:

• d.jpg
      d.jpg
      File size:
      64.4 KB
      Views:
  2. Major

Major New Mexico.....Not much different than the old one

I wish you luck, but don't mount him for cost. If he likes your work, he will be happy to pay your full price.

3. Do not mount it for cost. Your work is very good and any hunter that shots a deer like that will be more than happy to pay for it. That is one heck of a buck to say the least. I hope you get the job.

4. waterdude

waterdude You gotta KILL IT... before you can GRILL IT!

Gotta LOVE them Hoosier MONSTERS!!!! This was the year for MONSTERS here in our state...
    I know of 4 200" bucks taken in my area alone...One in Dillsboro taken behind the I.G.A. Grocery Store that went 211"...Good weather, Good rut, Good moon phase...GREAT SEASON!!!

5. JW

JW New Member

Good Luck! Thats a hammer for sure...

6. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Mounting for free, or cost,,, is to much to pay just to hold that in your hands. Not worth it.

7. Old Fart

Old Fart Active Member

Your reputation will be made if your do that! You'll be known as , ''The taxidermist who'll do it for cost if it's big enough!" The last guy that did that around here lasted another three years before he went under. GOOD LUCK

8. verne

verne Well-Known Member

If he does`nt come to you don`t ; let it be.

9. trapperr

trapperr New Member

Beautiful Buck !! Listen to these guys , they know what they are talking about , never mount anything just for cost , a buck like that needs a special mount , tell him it might cost more .

10. nitt

nitt Member

I had a friend of mine lives a few miles from me shoot a 205 nontypical with a bow he asked me to mount it for free because it was so big. I told him I have a family to support then I told him I would do it for cost then I thought why? Sure enough he got another guy to do it for free sokme people are just out there to get stuff even if they sacrifice quality

11. Scott Musgrave

Scott Musgrave Little Wildcat Creek Taxidermy, Sharpsville, IN.

Thanks Guys, There is much more too it than a mount at cost, I would take it to three exhibits that I go too, Indiana Conf, NRA Banquet and 2months at the local gun shop where two hundred people would see it every day. (roped off with my name and number on it.) Just the same he would probably let me do that anyhow. Trust me, I'm smart enough to make my money off the deal. If one mount at cost is going to make or break your business then.... I'll be nice and stop here.

Thanks again for your responses.

Scott

12. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

You might want to make a copy of that rack if your going to travel with it. ( if you get the job) I would hate to have it walk off and get lost.

13. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

Scott, I can see pros and cons to mounting it for cost. I know I really like to take in big deer because I am trying to build up a gallery of good pictures, and a few bruisers like that look really good. On the other hand, it migjht make you look desperate and scare the guy away. I wish you luck getting the job. I did a big one for NC last year. I cut the guy a small discount in trade for letting me use the head for a couple booths, and he put in a good word for me in a NC hunting publication. The small break I gave him has got me 3 jobs this year for sure that I would not have gotten otherwise. I have 3 deer to mount next week in the high 160's and I am looking forward to it. Good luck!

14. aesome buck

15. Kevin M.

Kevin M. Active Member

Biggest deer for me That I've ever seen over here in Owen county.

16. MB in NC

MB in NC Aim small. Miss small.

WOW. What a brute!

17. Wayne R

Wayne R NRA and B&C Life Member

Sometimes you are just better off staying away from it, if it already has received so much attention. I've see all sorts of crazy stuff happen. Some of these guys will treat you like they are doing you a favor for "letting" you mount it. Everyone in the area will be at you place at all hours wanting to see the rack. Then there is always the possibility of someone trying to steal it. Big deer like this with a lot of press have to be handled right, or it creates problems. It is a beautiful deer, good luck in what ever direction it goes.

18. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

its photoshopped!!!!!!!!!!!!

J/K
    Lmao couldnt resist the temptation! That thing is a wallywhoopper! good luck getting the job.

19. supdavetax

supdavetax New Member

I'm new at this , but I think you have got some real good advice . I would tell him that deer needs extra attention you will do that for no charge . Good luck wish I had it. And by the way I have lost one are two sells this year for dropping my price for them they think your desperate ,just like some one has said.

20. Nice buck. Where in indiana was he taken