1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Corsican Sheep Pointers

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Bullfrog, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Bullfrog

Bullfrog New Member

Anybody got any pictures of a Corsican Sheep on CO250LS from the McKenzie Catalog it's the Aggressive one.. I just skinned one out and am hoping for some pointer's on removing the horns. It's my first lifesize sheep so if anybody has any good pointer's please let me know.

2. BDrake

BDrake Active Member

No
    Use the search
    Get someone else to do the sewing

3. I have done one full size corsican and I don't know if this was the easiest way but I soaked 3 sets of horns in a water barrel for over 2 months before I was ever able to get them to break loose from the cores. After they soaked that long I took the horns out and I smacked the heck out of them at the base of the horns with a deadblow hammer. Basically a rubber hammer full of sand. That horn cracked like a 45 pistol when it broke loose. I actually thought I broke it! But it didn't and they came off the cores perfectly. I've heard about people putting them in bags and such but soaking worked for me. just took awhile. I think I have a picture of mine on my website. www.kentuckytaxidermy.com
    Good luck.
    Bazie

4. I coated the horns with vasaline and tossed them into my beetles. 3 days later,... slid right off.
    I also soaked them off, takes forever and smells horrible. Hated smaking them with the rubber hammer, freaked out when they broke loose. Thought I broke the horn!

5. Bullfrog

Bullfrog New Member

thanks everybody for the pointer's i might start to soak them for awhile and see what happens... Thanks again.

6. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

Don't worry about smacking them with a deadblow hammer or even slamming them on the concrete, I don't think there is a human alive that can ever break a horn.