1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

wierd fox question

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Kilala, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Kilala

Kilala New Member

How can you tell if the tanned fox you got was a male or a female?

2. hm ever heard of the birds and bees...

3. Hmmm!!! Lets see!! Is there an extra hole near the tail? By the way, does it matter? If they breed after tanning I think you found yourself a gem.( Just teasing you.)

4. What does this have to do with the birds and the bees? We're talking foxes here. LOL!!!!

5. Patrick J

Patrick J You've got me mistaken for someone else

ROTFLMAO. You guys are funny as heck. Kilala to somewhat answer your question the males will be a darker red especialy in the neck area and more of a bushy neck than females..............but then again you will have had to of looked at quite a few fox in your life to know what kind of color difference you are looking for. You prolly won't find tits on a female but the pecker hole would jump out and bite you if it were a snake

6. Now we have snakes, birds, bees AND foxes.

7. OutbackJack

OutbackJack Member

PA
    lol way to funny

8. KAMoHunter

KAMoHunter Proud member of the WVTA

i think i will sit back and enjoy this one.

9. ok... i get asked this question all the time by customers so they can "name there plush" and as funny as this sounds.. its very easy... turn the pelt inside out.. if there is a hole on the stomach... like a little bitty hole with extra leather around it then thats a male fox... female fox don't have it... and if that male fox had big kahonas they would still be on the pelt along with its willy LOL. or you can just feel for it on the foxes belly LOL

10. armymac26

armymac26 God made me really strong!! Not really smart!!!

LP,
    So why do they just leave the "BIG Kahonas" on the pelt ??? vs one lets say with "small Kahonas"? ??? Is it kinda like a trophy thing with foxes? j/k ;D

11. It's like big boobs armymac. If you got em...... flaunt em. LOL!!!

12. armymac26

Oh well since you put it that way Killitnfillit I totally understand. Now your speaking my language LOL ;) ;D

13. ok the female will always get the last word in, and be in a dodgy mood every month... ;D

14. lol god... Young foxes "kahoonas" aren't as prominate yet so you can't always tell. Here... i took a picture for you so you can better understand it.

[​IMG]

Left is the male, right is the female.

15. Randy Miller

Randy Miller Active Member

What difference does it make?

16. i like to know what gender a fox was... dunno why haha, i name all my taxidermy mounts, i am a loser :p

17. armymac26

Hey LP, Thanks for the show and tell lesson. I really enjoyed it LOL! ;) ;D

18. If it's an adult female it will have nipples. Just mounted one up today and it was for sure a female. When you blow dry the fur, you will see nipples under the fur. If it's a young unbred female they may not be as prominent. Thought I would add some serious information Kilala.

19. skallet roseri

skallet roseri needless to say!

i had the same question asked with my pelts, freinds wanted to know how i can tell if its a Mor F i tell them the samething leopardpaws dose its the easyist way since not meny know the difference in color. to them a red fox is a red fox all look the same, and we all know thats not true.