1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Too controversial?

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Mink, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

does anybody know who it is that did the display that was the back end of a truck, with the tailgate down and pheasants? and shotguns shells?
    I remember seeing it and reading about it, but for the life of me can't remember when and where.
    if somebody had a pic that would be great.

2. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

Bobbie....I think you mean turkeys not pheasants. Greg Iilefield at tri ponds taxidermy did one like that that I believe won national champion.

3. Bobbi Meyer

you're probably right...I wasn't sure, thats why I had the ? behind pheasants. LOL
    I really liked the display, just didn't know who it was.
    AHA

http://www.tri-ponds.com/index_069.htm

thanks Bill

4. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Bobbi, you're like Steve here: stuck on stupid. All the blabbering and jabbering, rationalizing and rope jumping, you've yet to answer the question. Steve even got vague on his answer about the photo. I'm not surprised a numbnuts taxidermist would try to depict something that most of the public finds repulsive under the guise of the First Amendment, but it damned sure doesn't mean it's tasteless, tactless, and just plain ignorant. Jesse Helms didn't shrug it off when he saw the photo, and neither did thousands of other Christians who stood up against the blasphemy it depicted. What part of trapping don't YOU understand. Trapping, though obviously necessary is INDISCRIMINATE. Don't tell me that specific species are "targeted". I know they're TARGETED, but I also know of deer being killed by coyote snares, skunks caught in mink sets and dogs/cats being caught in conibear coon traps. This suggested piece depicts just that - indiscrimination. The best of the best in this industry as well as all the European taxidermists have come online voicing that this type mount is unacceptable in competition, but here you are playing Joan of Arch (along with Steve the Stupid and, of course BOB). Did it ever occur to you that these people may have more on the ball that you're crediting them with and were telling you something you might want to listen to??? Didn't think so.

5. Steve Rotramel

Steve Rotramel We got some radical rebels in this county!

George I thought you didn't drink. Hard to tell that from here.

I'll tell you something that's worse than the picture you're so offended by. That's someone who claims to be a Christian and yet rejects Christ as savoiur. That's blasphemy of the unforgivable kind.

I think you misused your negation logical operator in the word "doesn't". If not I don't understand anything you said, what side you're on, or what side you think I'm on or what side Bobbi is on.

You did use a lot of words though.

6. George

Steve, I look at pseudointellect in the same light as stupidity. Changing subjects and playing mumblypeg with questions leads me to have to decide which is which. My questions had nothing to do with my personal relationship with the God I serve, it had everything to do with how you can pontificate on one and warble on another. I have patience. I'll wait. I won't expect any revelations but I'll wait.

Unlike you, however, I will answer your question AGAIN. This mount is in poor taste and shows the complete disregard to the sensitivities of others while hiding behind some false premise that we, as "artists" shouldn't have a higher ideal than to present a visual assault on those contrary senses of others. It shows a complete disrespect for our past that began with the cave artists and it jeopardizes the future in a world of political correctness. If there are any big words in there you can't understand, let me know and I'll look them up for you.

7. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

George , like I posted before I have a great of amount of respect for you, but why is it that everyone that disagrees with you is "stupid"? to me that is as childish as they come. we are all grown up adults here, act like one.

8. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......................SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. George

bmdakk, That's not true at all. My opinion of "childishness" is when a person is providing verifiable, unimpeachable information to people and they blatantly disregard it followed by the insinuation that the provider knows nothing of what he's speaking. I simply use words that already have accepted definitions. It's not MY being childish when people mimmic those definitions and demand to be called something else. That too is "childish" in my way of thinking.

10. RumRunner

RumRunner Nicholas Dugas, (337) 205-1269

this thread reminds me of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9DI31dBJao&feature=related ... it aint going nowhere

11. 16 PAGES OF BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL SSSSSSSSSSSH********TTTTTT
    YOUR GOING TO DO IT SO GO ON .YOU KNOW IF IT'S PROPER OR NOT

12. Steve Rotramel

George - I have your revelation.

I agree with you about the mount idea. A little different take on it but the same conclusion - "Not recommended!"

You must have skimmed my post and gotten the opposite impression.

13. LionHeart

LionHeart New Member

Is that Too controversial also?

Well..... because it seems that on this forum, we can write whatever we want and call everyone whatever we want without any consequences . Everyday, when someone have ideas or disagree with the gods of taxidermy and the one minded peoples, they get called names so....

It's not the way I usually communicate but here it goes, and all said with sarcasm and coming from the heart as it is written on here.....

YOU ARE: stupid, ignorant, terminally stupid, stupid idea , birdbrained , boneheaded idea , Howard Stern mentality,you are really an example of "Stupid is as stupid does" there, Forest!, young dumb guys , small-minded "thinking", fool, dumb ass, stupid again, living WHERE you do is dumb enough, TOTAL ASS, fat ass lazy bone pinhead, compensating for having a small pecker and an overinflated ego and wallet. loll, that one's good, terminally stupid, clean the shyt out of your ears, dumb ass, bone head, crybaby, dumb ass again, and stupid, macho minded talkers , You're ugly. You're ignorant. Your halitosis is beyond remedy, stuck on stupid, numbnuts , Steve the Stupid lolll, sorry, and let's say terminally stupid again, just for fun and that's from one post only

AND who ever don't agree with me, well, your just stupid, ignorant, terminally stupid, stupid idea , birdbrained , boneheaded idea , Howard Stern mentality,you are really an example of "Stupid is as stupid does" there, Forest!, young dumb guys , small-minded "thinking", fool, dumb ass, stupid again, living WHERE you do is dumb enough, TOTAL ASS, fat ass lazy bone pinhead, compensating for having a small pecker and an overinflated ego and wallet. loll, that one's good, terminally stupid, clean the shyt out of your ears, dumb ass, bone head, crybaby, dumb ass again, and stupid, macho minded talkers , You're ugly. You're ignorant. Your halitosis is beyond remedy, stuck on stupid, numbnuts , Steve the Stupid lolll, sorry, and let's say terminally stupid again, just for fun

P.S. If I have forgotten any insults, please feel free to reply to this post and add them. If you add the ones from all other posts on this forum, we might have many pages of this incredible well spoken English,

Cheers to all

P.S., my original post was zapped, I really don't get it, it seems that it might be wrong to say these thing on the forum, although, it is all from this post... we'll see.

14. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

I'm Rubber you are glue whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you! LOL na na na na na!

15. nswiken

nswiken Well-Known Member

I think you should mount the bobcat at the moment of impact. Squinty eyes and open mouth, spitfire look. All four feet off the ground. Weld the trap chain and use it to support the entire bobcat. That would be a feat. A nice Air Mount.

16. Bobbi Meyer

wow George, your mastery of the english language never ceases to fascinate me..
    you can throw out insults like candy to children at a christmas parade.
    You are a narcissistic person...plain and simple.
    I have never insulted you, called you stupid, gasoline assed, forest gump or any of the other idiocies you have hurled at the taxidermists on this forum.
    The is one way to do things and it damned well be your way or it's WRONG.
    If you had bother to read ALL of my posts, you would have seen that I said to mount it without the trap, take it to competion have it judged, take it home and put the trap in it.
    You love to speed read, taking in only the parts of a conversation where you can call someone out on it and call them ignorant or stupid.
    Don't make me dig back through some of the other comments that you have made on this forum so that you can say " how dare you use my own words against me."
    Remember that one? LOL!!
    but I still love you George.

17. George

Don't you just hate it when your own words refute what you just claimed. LMAO

18. Bobbi Meyer

hey at least I didn't call you stupid!
    I used a much bigger word.

19. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    [​IMG]

20. Steve Rotramel

"It shows a complete disrespect for our past that began with the cave artists and it jeopardizes the future in a world of political correctness."

That's one influential bobcat!