1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Too controversial?

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Mink, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

Ok...another opinion so thats good.
    if it bothers someone who does it on a regular basis,
    for profit, and you don't want the publicity thats all good.
    I understand that....like I said, I'm not a trapper, so I could not
    understand how it would feel from a trappers point of view.
    understood....
    and you're probably right about the warm and fuzzy....kinda hard to cuddle with a musky.

2. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

see even you have let them win. That is what we are talking about . I will not live in a subdivision with a Homeowners association that dictates when and how I cut my Grass, It is none of there business what I do on my property If I own the property and want to hang a deer up in the front yard ,I will. What gives them the right to make you change you ways? If you do it to keep the peace then you have given in to the groups that dont want hunting, trapping fishing, whatever it may be. They figure if we raise hell with you for unloading your "catch" in YOUR driveway, and you decide to go around back then maybe just maybe you get tired of the inconvienence and quit doing it all together. Hence they have won.

Its getting bad everywhere on everything, where I live they are passing a smoking ordinance where you cant smoke in a bar in the county I live in because people dont want to smell the smoke, Dont go into the bar then!! the issue I have with all of this BS is that there are a group (or Groups ) of people that want things for them and them only and piss on what everyone else likes. Like I said before , If you dont want to see it, dont waste your money and Buy a ticket to the show, If you dont like what is on the TV turn the channel, And if you dont like what I do keep it to yourself ,cause chances are I dont agree with what you like to do either.

3. outhawkn

outhawkn New Member

bmdakk
    I do understand your point and I agree with it. But if they make it illegal to smoke in the bar YOU wont be doing it. You can be as in your face as you want to, but the bar owner will tell you to leave,dont leave and he'll have you removed. Its that simple. If they make a law that says you cant subsistance hunt in your state. You may do it but if you get caught you'll lose your vehicle,gun,and hunting previlage and get a big fine. Good for you,you really showed them. Trapping is under fire in many states...how much money have you contributed to fight it? If you have sent thousands of dollars then you have a right to speak,if not then you dont. Why slap a rattlesnake to see if he'll bite you...he will. Why provoke the people that have the resources to take trapping away from us? Its not letting them win...by avoiding the issue its smart.
    And I'm not going to keep argueing the point. So, this is the last post for me. But trapping is a big part of my income..it keeps me from having to go get a real job...I'd appreciate it if you would go antagonize somebody that affects your livelyhood rather than mine....please.

4. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Bobbi, before I moved to this crap hole state that doesn't allow trapping I was a trapper. I trapped before I got into taxidermy. You know how I feel about the trap incorporated into a mount, so please don't think ALL trappers don't like the idea. Just like ALL taxidermists have their own opinion of it.

5. bmdakk

The bar owners are the one fighting this "law" . They say if their customers cant smoke in their bar then they wont patronize the bar and they will lose money. So what give someone who doesnt go to a bar the right to "antagonize" the bar owner and his livelyhood.

6. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

I know that my sister who waitressed for years always said the smokers give bigger tips.
    If the anti smokers don't like the smoke, then open up your own damn non smoking bar.

7. outhawkn

outhawkn New Member

Ok I said i wouldnt but since everyone is still playing nice..lol

I never said anything about who has the "right" to do any of this. If it doesnt affect you( not you personally) then you shouldnt have the right. But that isnt the case, in our society if you have the money you have the power to effect laws that dont concern you at all. sad,but true...
    I dont think people who dont patronize bars should have any say if smoking should be allowed or not,but the folks with the money have the power.
    Which as a side note,smoking is not allowed in bars or any public place here. The bar owners said it would kill business, but after two years of the ban,. business has increased for them.not that I care one way or the other.
    You stated that trapping is not allowed in your state. I bet some had that "I'll do want I want anyway" attitude and look where it got them.
    I left colorado many years ago because they banned trapping, I'm hoping I can fly under the radar here long enough that i dont have to move AGAIN.

8. bmdakk

I never said trapping wasnt allowed in west virginia I have traps out as we speak.

9. outhawkn

outhawkn New Member

sorry I got you confused with redwolf..

10. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

No actually, I live in Mass. Need I say more?

11. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

BTW bmdakk and I look nothing alike. :D :D

12. trapperr

trapperr New Member

I like the mount , naturally i am a trapper also. Once the dirt & ground cover is down that trap will probably be partially covered with just enough visible to tease your interest , most flatlanders would probably not even notice a trap there at all .

13. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    [​IMG]

14. bmdakk

Thank God!!! lmao

15. snowhare

snowhare New Member

THANK WHO ;D ;D

16. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

LMAO

17. RumRunner

RumRunner Nicholas Dugas, (337) 205-1269

who would want to look like that hippie wanna be ::)

18. outhawkn

outhawkn New Member

Uh oh, I guess I may owe you a BIG apology.........LOL!

19. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

VERY big. The poor guy doesn't look THAT bad :D

20. bmdakk

LMAO