1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Normal muskie / tiger muskie

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by RyanP, Dec 13, 2009.

1. What are the differences?

Is the paint schedule in the breakthrough manual for a tiger or a normal?

Please post pics of both.

Ryan

2. Sikk

Sikk Member

At times they can look similar on coloration, but generally a pure muskie comes in several color patterns, 1.the Wisconsin barred 2. the Great Lakes spotted 3. the clear. But regional variations can make a muskie look green, blue, brown,silver or anything in between. Typically the hybrids looks similar to the Wisc barred, but it usually has closer fitting bars and deeper contrast, with the bars a green color closer to that of a pike, and the background more of a pearlescent white. If you go to the fish section and ck out the references on subject page 7, there are several nice pics of pure strain muskies, I am sure if you google Hybrid or Tiger muskie you will findb them easily. paul

3. warthog

warthog Member of VVA and VFW

All of the tiger muskies I have ever seen were colored a lot differently than a regular muskie. As the gentleman said earlier there are a few variations of coloring in the muskie...but the tiger...being a hybrid...is colored beautifully. If you will go to google .com click on images when that screen comes up...then type in tiger muskie...you will see what I am talking about. You will have to come up with your own paint sachedule. If you need assisstance in this...I may be able to help. Good luck.

4. Bill4bass

Bill4bass New Member

You oughta contact DougP. He is on this site with some phenominal Musky mounts!!!! He is as far as I'm concerned the Musky guru. Beautifully represented Musky as well as other species!!