1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What would this deer score? s.c. deer

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by ayhunter, Dec 15, 2009.

1. ayhunter

ayhunter New Member

S.C.
    130s maybe? Hes atleast 4 1/2 or 5 maybe older! He lost antler and body mass from last year, his rack is wider this year but lost mass. Out of 50 sum trail pics only 2 are daylight pics! Hard to hunt a deer like that!

Attached Files:

2. Around 125", Nice deer for SC.

3. 133 ;)

4. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

High 130s--low 140s.

5. Curt

Curt Family Life member of the NTA

Maybe a 140ish deer it has a good spread and the length aint bad. Lacks a bit of mass to be a real high score. No doubt it is one nice buck.

6. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

dsbragg, that is exactly what i was going to say. I think 125" is right on the money. I'd shoot him in a heartbeat on my SC lease.

7. I would to Marty! He is to week on his two's and four's to go over 130" IMO but a mature southern deer for sure.

8. Brian26

Brian26 New Member

ayhunter if you look in the begginers forum i did a antler repair on a 10 point pretty similar to the one you have in that pic. The one I fixed scored 134 3/4 net. Here is topic;

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,187964.0.html

9. I think 125 is a little high around 118-120

10. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

I think he'd score a bit higher than he's being credited for. He has very nice brows and from the side, it looks as if he's 8" and 10" on the next two with about 20 inch beams. And he's a 10 pointer. Circumferences are nice, but scores are made on TINE LENGTH and kept that way by SYMMETRY. He has both of those pretty well cinched up. I'd say mid- 130's as a minimum.

11. ayhunter

ayhunter New Member

S.C.
    All this talk I want him even more! These are last years pics.

Attached Files:

12. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

Yep....exactly!

13. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

definetly a nice deer, i'd shoot him, my question is that if you got a big buck like that that you know is in a plot of woods like that, how do you know where to put your trail camera up? or did you find a scrape or something?

14. If you know an area of land then you'll probably know where they like to travel through and where the like to bed down :)

15. 132"

16. Hazard

Hazard New Member

My family has a deer farm and we are big into archery hunting, so we see a lot of buck either in the pens or in the woods and I would say 125-130 is on the money.

17. Beams are good..good tine length..not a lot of masss..about 18 inside..ten points...takes him into the mid to high 130's..say 137-6/8"..shoot him and let us know..

18. ayhunter

ayhunter New Member

S.C.
    A narrow strip of hardwoods that connects 2 bedding areas along a river ( witch I consider a hard core funnel)! Also have mineral blocks in that area.

19. My 2 @....121

20. ayhunter

ayhunter New Member

S.C.
    4-real Al?? Cmon man!!!