1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Samson/Sampson Fox

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by shopkins94, Dec 15, 2009.

1. shopkins94

shopkins94 New Member

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone ever seen a samson/sampson fox before?

Sam

2. nofiveo

nofiveo Active Member

I think there was one for sale on here a week or so ago?

3. shopkins94

shopkins94 New Member

Yeah, I found someone who has one but I am not sure how common they are to know what to pay for it.

4. AF Martin

AF Martin New Member

I caught this one last year.
    I found several people that have caught red fox, yotes, and otters with the mutation, but i couldn't find any record of a grey fox.

The guy holding the fox decided he wanted to trap with me and this was the first set we came to
    [​IMG]

5. Riddler

Riddler Member

I bought one from Eidnes furs last month and he had several. They're not worth much on the fur market and he sells them cheap.

6. IceDragonAlchemist

IceDragonAlchemist New Member

I came across one and saved up for it------> http://kyuukon-no-shamisen.deviantart.com/art/quot-Sampson-quot-Grey-Fox-141701498

Haha, it's not being used for much at the moment but I do have plans to make it more than just a wall hanging in the near future <3

7. ladyarcher726

ladyarcher726 2012: 1st & best of category

could you please explain, what is the mutation? we've never heard of a Sampsons fox?

8. Sampson foxes, through a genetic mutation have little to no guard hair.

9. ladyarcher726

ladyarcher726 2012: 1st & best of category

wow, they must be super soft then? it's too bad that the tail is so thin in a sampson.
    Thank you nature Goddess.