1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

DNR paid me a visit.

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Kevin M., Dec 15, 2009.

1. Kevin M.

Kevin M. Active Member

They must have been in a good mood today. Found a couple little things. But here less then an hour. Merry Xmas to me. So anybody near me in Indiana they are making the rounds.
    Merry Christmas everybody. Kevin

2. Dave H

Dave H New Member

ohio
    What kind of little things?

3. Kevin M.

Kevin M. Active Member

Couple oh tags didn't have dates. One invoice didn't have the tag number. But it was on the antlers and cape. Little crap they probably could hit me on if they wanted.

4. Hoosiertaxman

Hoosiertaxman Papa's Pride & Joy

they haven't paid me a vist in 6 years, my time is due

5. Kevin M.

Kevin M. Active Member

They where here last year. But not for 5 years before that.

6. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

When I lived in Indiana I never had a problem with the DNR, but then again I wasn't breaking the law either.

7. Hoosiertaxman

who said anything about breaking the law? That's their job, especially when hunting season slows down a little

8. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

They (DNR) were here a few weeks ago. Shot the bull, looked at some mounts and drank a few beers and left. :eek: ;D

Oh, he wasn't on duty. :D :D

9. Hoosiertaxman

can't imagine you drinking a couple of beers Perry. LOL

10. Me either :D

11. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

I have had them visit me but it was always a friendly visit.

12. First deer I got in this season was the local GW's first bow kill. I like those visits.

13. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

Did you show him your auto tanner?

14. coon hunter

coon hunter Truman Waddell 270-589-7828 Brownsville Ky

Mine stops by at least once ore even 5 times a week . He goes down to the river to check it out My drive way is the only place he can here his head quarters . I don't even Pay attention to him any more . He only check me one time and that was because I ask him to .

15. Kevin M.

Kevin M. Active Member

? Why would he care about my tanner???

16. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

An officer was here too, after I called them. When he left he was heading down the road a bit to give some A-hole a ticket for $275 for letting his dogs run on my land. I hope he also gave them the message from me that each & every time I saw them he could look forward to another ticket. Been a week & 1/2 & I havent seen them since. Yeah I know there is SSS but it is now a felony in NY & I already get asked whenever a dog comes up missing.

17. Bill,

A homeowner here in the town where I work was charged with animal cruelty for putting a bowl of antifreeze out to kill the neighbors dog. It worked. The dog was allowed run loose all the time, tearing into everyone garbage. Crapping in everyone's yard. The owners said in court that their dog never left the square block they lived in and didn't see any problem with letting the dog run around all day while they were at work. Well, the final straw came when the dog grabbed some meat off of the neighbor's grill. That's when the antifreeze was put out. They were found quilty. Big story in the paper about how these folks lost their dear pet. If they loved it that much, why the hell did they let it run around all day?

Bruce

18. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

Bruce...I sure dont know the answer to that, other than to blame it on irresponsabilty. I dont imagine they keep any more track of their kids. Very few people even know about the dogs I have owned. Thats because they were always under my direct control. I actually prefer this $275 ticket though. Lots easier than that shoveling part.

19. Randy Miller

Randy Miller Active Member

So he can have something to laugh about with his cop buddies down at the station.

20. Kevin M.

Kevin M. Active Member

Yeah , When he tells his friends that Kevin can tan his own capes for $5. and the rest on those guys are paying big money and waiting for months to get theirs back. They will have a good laugh at you guys.