1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

reproduction skull

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by midwesttax, Dec 16, 2009.

1. midwesttax

midwesttax New Member

1st time ive tried one of these from mckenzie. Pretty cool stuff, the detail is pretty good and has some good weight to it, unlike cheap plastic. Customer loved it (deer was found dead, and stunk just terrible).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. OregonOutdoordude

OregonOutdoordude New Member

looks great!!! The only thing that doesn't please me is it almost seems to white, shiny, or some for some reason? Beautiful work!

3. roundman81

roundman81 New Member

WI
    How much did you pay for the repo?

4. midwesttax

midwesttax New Member

I think it was right around $40

5. OregonOutdoordude

OregonOutdoordude New Member

how exactly do you connect the antlers to the repro? and do you lose the original spread of the antlers?

6. midwesttax

midwesttax New Member

ya I used the original skull cap, screwed and epoxied. You can buy skulls for sheds as well which will have everything except the antlers.

7. I've used the shed type you were talking about with the pedicles. Question you screw the skull plate in then sculpt then paint or how did you do it to join the skull plate and the repro.

8. buckhunting101

buckhunting101 Hides N Stuff Taxidermy

Looks really nice.I have a set of sheds that im gonna try on one of those that are meant for sheds. You did a real good job with the sculpting and paint job as i see no traces of it being done that way.

9. midwesttax

midwesttax New Member

correct just blend with the sculpt then paint and blend color with skull cap and repro skull

10. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

i like it, i'm gonna do one of those with a 3 pointer i shot a few years ago. His antles just pulled completly out of his head so i couldn't get a skull cap or a skull