1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

liquid waste

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by flesher, Dec 17, 2009.

1. flesher

flesher New Member

someone give me a rundown on what a tannery has to do to dispose of the liquid waste.city sewer system,and rural tannerys with no sewer.thanks

2. Steve Rotramel

Steve Rotramel We got some radical rebels in this county!

First, send a dozen roses to your city manager. Unless it's a "he".

Best thing to do is schedule an appointment with your city or county officials - whoever has jurisdiction. Tell them EVERYTHING you're going to do and invite them to see it. Give them a list of the chemicals you'll be using.

Dispose of the chemicals exactly the way they tell you to. Worst case I've heard of was in rural Mass a tanner had to keep all his effluent in holding tanks and have it trucked away. He kept them outside so a lot evaporated and he didn't have to have it emptied very often.

I guess worse than that would be if they said you can't do it at all, better to find out now than with big fines and possible charges later.

3. tlake22

tlake22 New Member

It's always better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

4. Richbo

Richbo 2nd place is the first loser!

Unless that "forgiveness" involves jail time or thousands of hard earned dollars in fines or both! Otherwise, I would agree with you.....