1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What law prohibits selling/buying cat/dog fur?

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Rhasputin, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Can anyone link me to where the law is actually written down?
    I'm trying to find it to show someone, but I can't seem to find it!

I found it for VA, but I need either the federal, or Idaho law that states it.

Thanks!

2. That would be 16 CFR Part 301.

Bruce

3. Great, thanks!

4. agave

agave New Member

ok!

5. widowmaker

widowmaker New Member

PA.
    It is legal to sell cat/ dog hides in the USA. It is illegal to import garments with Cat/dog fur composition. Blue Sky, Steve

6. The law says it is ILLEGAL to sell any dog and cat fur products..

7. russell84

russell84 Guest

THE LAW OF COMMON SENSE WOULD SURELY PREVAIL HERE !!! YA THINK ? ???

8. What?

9. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

Hell if I was allowed I could make a lot of money off of dead cats, commen sense tells me to make money off of the dead animals.

10. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

IDIOT

11. I knew it was illegal, but I was just wondering what law exactly said it so I could show someone. :eek:

12. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

My comment wasn't aimed at you. This site is here for asking questions. And it's a taxidermy site and we deal with animals of all kinds.
    "Common sense" would tell us that ;)

13. Lol. Yes..

That comment about common sense really through me for a loop.

14. jasonb

That morons comment about commen sense bugs the chit out of me, I love animals just about as much as anyone else but the fact of the matter is they are still animals so if I find a dead cat along the road hell I may just put it to use, I have done that once and I didn't even own the finished product for 1 day and someone bought it for $50.00 I probably could have gotten $100 for what I did but the thing is that it is boneheads like this that put an animal in a human place.JMHO

15. agave

agave New Member

10-4 jasonb!!!!I am a new member but posted in 2006 and some will have snide or dumb comments and not post any info on thier profile like e-mail or am I a girl or what?New people with with nothing on the info about them will be getting deserved Flack from every one with as much time and many posts as yourself!!!When you get seniority than post fun and whatever?Wait till you see some of the other LARGE AND IN CHARGE posts from some new register and no profile new members!!!!RICHIE

16. Randy

Randy Huntin Chamios on Mount Cook, New Zealand

There is just something wrong with selling, tanning, mounting, etc domestic dog and cat skins. Each to their own, but I think it is a bit on the odd side. Whats next, the mother in laws back hide?

17. jasonb

I am really not sure how to take this, it seems like a smart azz respose to me, but I could be wrong. My point is , is that they are animals not people, I am not about to start shooting peoples pets so that I can make a buck, but I don't see or understand why tanning and or mounting there hides is something that should be illeagle. ANIMALS ARE NOT PEOPLE OR HUMAN.

18. But people are animals.

Not that I disagree. Just making a point.
    I know in ancient Japan when a Yakuza member betrayed the gang, they would sometimes skin them, and keep the skin. Each member would be required to have a full body tattoo, minus the head, hands, feet, and a V-neck shape.
    They would hang the skins up... probably as a warning. :p

19. jasonb

When animals have enough sense to stay out of the road then I will classify them with humans.

20. Gary A

Gary A N. West Taxidermy 208-404-9706

I'm going to start hunting at the local pound.