1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What law prohibits selling/buying cat/dog fur?

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Rhasputin, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Randy

Randy Huntin Chamios on Mount Cook, New Zealand

Its not a smart azz remark. Which seems more like a taxidermist a shop full of deer hides, otter, fox etc. or the neighbors dog? The last thing that I want in my shop is spot or rover. I think it is on the weird side, Just an opinion.

2. Lol, some people don't have sense enough to stay out of the road. :p

But it's not like other animals know what a car is..
    Some learn from experience, but cars are not included in ANY animal's natural instincts, including humans. Even humans have to learn to stay out of the way of cars. :p

3. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

Yeah right, I see anywhere from 3 to 10 dead deer on the road everytime I head into town, not to mention all of the stupid coons and fox. It would seem that after existing for so many hundreds of years that if animals had the ability to reason there would be no dead ones on the side of the road. Rhasputin the 1 thing that separates humans from animals is the ability to reason, just remember it wasn't a chimp who discovered gravity or invented the automobile.

4. But we're still animals, no matter how different we are...

5. agave

agave New Member

jasonb:Certainly not a smart ass response!!I was agreeing with you about 110% After I read your come back I re read my post and it was a little shaky on how to take it!!!!Look at it again and pick out the good parts and forget the rest!!I'm with you all the way!Glad you gave me the benifit of doubt....Richie

6. agave

agave New Member

DANG IT!!!I meant to type azz!!LOL....

7. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

Your OK Richie, like I said I really wasn't sure how to take it.LOL

8. Eliea

Eliea Proverbs 31:13

We have a squirrel with a bald tail somewhere around my neighbor hood that learned the hard way not to cross the road. We also have one tom cat that has been hit and knows we aim for him and gets out of the way real fast. lol ( I don't normally aim for any animal but this cat is the only un-fixed cat in the area and he comes to my yard and goes after my cat who stays in a 3 hours radius.)

9. agave

agave New Member

Jeez?Point well taken!!We are all warm blooded mammals?Just the point is the animals are not human and have less rights and should have some use off the street when hit?They are out there and there is no season limit on the human??????////MAMMAL?Ask my mother who is a chimp!Just lets call the rest questionable CRITTERS and???

10. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman $90 for your fur made into trapper hat or mitts!

Do these same laws apply to still born puppies?

11. Yeah, someone recently tried to sell a still born puppy on here, and several people said it needed to be gifted, and could not be sold.

But if you skin it, you -can- sell the skeleton, from what I understand.

12. procull

procull QLD WILD GAME HARVESTER

None of this affects me but how does this law relate to feral dogs and cats ?

13. Same exact thing. Illegal to sell the furs.

14. Badgerland

Badgerland Quality taxidermy & quality deer capes.

You guys all crack me up! LOL! Thanks for the entertainment.

A number of years ago I was asked to mount a small ankle biter of a pet dog for someone. Being somewhat smarter than I look, I sent him and his dog to someone with a freezedryer. I never did find out how it went.
    I knew about a bad story about a pet cat from another shop. The guy did a fantastic job on this house cat and people thought it was alive when they walked into the showroom. It was perfect! The thing is, when the cat was alive, it wasn't perfect. The dead cat's owner had a fit because she knew it didn't look like the same inbred, bipolar, bowlegged, one droopy-eared family member she remembered. It still makes me laugh!

Our Lord, made us lord over all the animals, and if someone wants to make a coat, or rug out of their pet dog, cat, or gerbil, well they outta be able to!

15. We are certainly not 'lord of the animals' being animals ourselves.

But, if someone wants to make a coat out of dogs, it's legal. As long as they don't sell the fur, or buy the fur. :)
    ..Or kill dogs/cats for it. Although I guess they can't necessarily prove if they killed them theirselves or not.

16. WILD BROOKIES

WILD BROOKIES JOIN EBTJV SAVE A RESOURCE

GET THIS OFF THE FOR SALE SECTION THIS IS BULLCRAP

17. ....Well excuse you.