1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Doe and Buck Mount Photos?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Wayne R, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Wayne R

Wayne R NRA and B&C Life Member

I thought I seen a post not to long ago with photos of different buck, and doe mounts. I did a quick search didn't see it. I remember Bill had one on the opening page for a bit. Just looking for some ideas. I had pedestal lined up as a job, and now the guys has doe that he thinks he wants to combine the two. I have a thought or 2 of my own, but if you have something you want to share.........."thanks".

2. sawtooth taxi

sawtooth taxi New Member

Just a basic plaque style

Attached Files:

3. rebel

rebel New Member

i am going to be starting a combo mount after the first of the year
    http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,150910.0.html

4. Matt

Matt Active Member

Wayne, that is what I will be doing with the buck I shot this bowseason. I will be attaching the doe directly to the buck. It will be alittle while though before I get to it, but it will be alittle different than the norm.

5. KevinH

KevinH Active Member

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,150910.msg1035285.html#msg1035285
    Here ya go.

6. Wayne R

Thanks for the feed back, and that was the link I was thinking of, thanks again.

7. Wayne, Here's another view of an earlier post.
    [​IMG]

8. TIM DUNCAN

TIM DUNCAN surry county va

Eddie b beautiful mount

9. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

x2, i love it

10. ayhunter

ayhunter New Member

S.C.
    What brand forms do you use Eddie b? Awsome piece!!

11. Wayne R

Eddie, I remember that one for the work and the photography. It's a beautiful piece.

I'm still leaning towards having the deer attached at the shoulder, but will see what the hunter prefers.

12. Thanks everyone for the kind words. ayhunter I use Ben Mears forms most of the time.

13. redog76

redog76 New Member

Those Mears mount up great. I really like them. I have been using the Mckenzies for awhile, but use Mears now whenever I can. His wall pedestal is real nice too. He just needs to come out with some more sizes and turns and I will be Mears 100%!!!

14. Ha Wayne... You'll see my competition piece next year. That is how I'll be doing mine to a degree ( attached at the shoulders).

15. Wayne R

Jared,

I can't wait to see it, but wish you had it done now. In your avatar, you look about as bundled up as I was in that wind today.

16. B.S.O'Hare

B.S.O'Hare Member

nice one eddieb

17. Here is one I did not too long ago.
    [​IMG]

18. Wayne R

Whitetail8, you touched on another idea I was thinking, in that you used 2 wall pedestals. What did you do on the back of that buck, it looks like that could be intersting as well. I appreciate the ideas, and I'm supposed to see this doe on Saturday, he just got it back from the butcher. He's been a good customer, and runs the archery department of a local sports store, so besides the extra money, it may bring in extra work.

19. redog76

redog76 New Member

Very nice 8 they fit together well

20. rebel

rebel New Member

look great the one i will be doing after the first will be very similar mine will also have a fox squirrel climbing up the tree