1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Tips for beginners looking for critiques

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Bobbi Meyer, Dec 23, 2009.

1. MattHCT

MattHCT New Member

Quick somebody call 911. Crossway is bleeding all over the place! It seems his post just bit him in the A$$. LMAO Crossway, you need to pick your battles, hotshot. :D

2. kinetic

kinetic New Member

to add to this: for close up shots like for the eyes and nose use the 'macro' setting on your camera to get them in focus. It's almost always symbolized by a flower on a button or in your camera's shooting menu. Hold the shutter down half-way till it beeps or gives you a green light telling you its focused, then press all the way to take the picture. Make sure to take it off macro when you're done.

3. Louie

Louie New Member

Those are some great ref. photos!!!

4. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

Those photos are all in the Gamehead section under the reference photos

5. Non-TypicalArtist

Non-TypicalArtist ABOVE Expectations. BEYOND Ordinary.

yes, that is great advice. But I am having trouble posting photos of quality with the resolution memory size limits??

6. ReporterSr

ReporterSr If you think education is expensive, try ignorance

Great pics, Bobbi. Can't help but be a help to novices.

7. Scottio

Scottio New Member

Hi Bobbi, Love it. ......S.

8. ReporterSr

ReporterSr If you think education is expensive, try ignorance

Like me! :)

9. farikhah

farikhah really really want develop taxidermy in my country

thank you for your posting..., Bobbi

10. celticircle

celticircle New Member

new to the site and so excited...taxidermy is something i have long been interested in and never had the time or courage...now i do and hope the community will be generous with their time and patience...raw newbie...at this point i would like to learn the best ways to get skeletal remains from roadkill until i accumulate equipment...any suggestions?...

11. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

celticircle, check out the skulls section...lots of "skeleton and bones" folks over there can give you advice!

12. Guerra

Guerra New Member

Very clear instructions. I will be sure to follow them when posting my first. It's going to be an Otter.

13. royalina

royalina New Member

Nice work Bobbi. In Fact I would say; Flawless. Everything is so Natural looking. 。。。。。。。。。。

14. henrykipson

henrykipson New Member

Thanks for sharing useful tips with us.

15. [b][
    ]cool,[/img] nice suggestion[/b]

16. DNorton

DNorton New Member

Thanks a bunch, that really helps out, hope to put some mounts in the Critique area soon...

17. Thanks

18. Wapabilly71

Wapabilly71 New Member

I've got a ? to ask and don't know if i'm in the right place to ask. Anyway, i'm looking to find someone close to were I live here in s/e Wisconsin that can do a dry tanning on a black bear for a rug to be done with a quick turn around time to be done. I myself would be doing the rug. I just need it to be tanned to have a rug done. Thank you all very much for your time & if anyone that can help me please contact me at [email protected]

19. mccraw23

mccraw23 New Member

Can someone tell me how to post pics?Thanks

20. AmeliaCrumbles

AmeliaCrumbles New Member

Hi. I am replying to this because I don't really know what category my questions should be in... I have a full body mount 10 point whitetail buck that I have some help mounting. I am using this mount in a way that will show it's underside. I need a reference and or guide to reconstruct life-life testicles and male parts of the buck because these parts will certainly show in the pose and should be played up for their masculine effect int this mount. Any idea where I can look for this sort of thing on-line to reconstruct? I am somewhat new to taxidermy but am a sculptor so any suggestions are within reach. Thanks!