1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Krowtan problems

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by TROPHY SHACK, Dec 23, 2009.

1. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

OK ahole, I dont consider any of the three MY competition & like I said they could do better with DP. My son & I have entered the Natl. 3 first & 2 seconds, he has his award of excellence. I have never entered my pieces in a state show. In fact I gave them away but I have the Natl. points. So must be our quality aint to shabby. Now you have the chance to get the last word. You are no longer amusing.

2. TD

TD My GGG Grandfather John "Tanner John" King b 1820

I'm glad you agree with me Bill ,of YOUR lack of Social skills.............
    Heath,You will never get a strait answer..........Bill only writes short sentences with large words that he has to look up lol..........

3. TD

You still havent answered his question???? He never questioned your ability to put out quality work.........

4. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Active Member

Ohio
    Now we are resorting to name calling ? HAHA Nice. That proves alot !
    You are still "dancing".
    Let me get this right, you are older than me ? LOL
    I never said those 3 were your competition. I said they must not be able to produce quality like you because of your statement that " you can't produce quality with KrowTann."
    I have not been trying to be amusing. Just trying to get you to explain to me about your statement, that's all. But you want to dance around it and bring up other stuff that has nothing to do with your statement.
    So once again BILL, can quality be achieved with KrowTann ?? Or are you sticking to your original statement ??

5. TD

Heath,Bill is only good as a backup for Other people's debates.............He's lost when he is on his own lol......

6. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

You guys are freaking irritating. Bill answered your question Heath...NO, Bill (along with many of us in the industry) does not feel that a cape tanned with Krowtann is of the same quality as a properly tanned cape. It has nothing to do with whether or not you win awards with it, it has to do with the tan itself. Some of us feel a completely tanned skin is a higher quality skin than one dropped in a cocktail of acids and alum for 3 days. Some of us feel that 40 years down the road a complete tan will outlast your KT. You disagree...good for you. Keep using the shyt. Who cares? Why do you continue to hammer on the guy when he answered your question? If you pestered me like that I'd probably resort to name calling too.

7. Heath Cline

Ohio
    Cole, I guess I am blind, can you please show me where he answered my question. Because I must be missing it.

Bill said you cannot produce quality with KrowTann. I beg to differ. Not by what I have done, because I am a nobody, but by what others have done. You say it has nothing to do with winning awards. ??? Isn't competing how you get your quality of work judged ?? I guess I am missing something here.
    I mean if KrowTann is so Sh$$tyy(in your words), causes so much shrinkage & you can't produce quality with it, how do some taxis produce such great mounts ?? That is my question that was not answered.
    Cole, are you saying the same thing ? That a taxidermist cannot produce a quality mount using KrowTann ?
    Bill's statement was wrong & he just doesn't want to admit it, that's all.
    I am not saying all taxidermist can produce that quality of mounts. But that's not what the statement was.
    You can start your name calling now if you want, won't bother me any, I am a big boy.

8. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Okay Heath, I'll say it one more time and if you can't comprehend it after that you are on your own.

9. Heath Cline

Ohio
    Cole if that is what Bill meant, why didn't he explain it like you just did when I first asked him ? I mean it didn't take you long to explain what you think he meant. I would think if that is what he meant, he would have told me that when I asked. He did not say " you can't produce a quality CAPE with KrowTann. I guess he didn't want to explain it when I asked him & want this to drag on.

You are the one who bought up the "you might start calling me names comment", not me, I was just replying about.

So if I say " quit using the junk" about something, I can say I didn't mean junk, I meant stuff and it won't be read that way ? ::)

Oh & you can find someone else to tell to "drop it". I get a little pissy when someone tells me what to do !!

10. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

::)

11. Heath Cline

Ohio
    ::) ::)

12. I am gonna go out on a limb and say Cole is slightly more intelligent than Bill?

13. Heath Cline

Ohio
    Hey Rick, your deer head is inferior. LOL

14. Ok, I know I have yet to chime in, but I have been reading this for the past few days. I have been using KT for my game heads and come across a few things that need trouble shooting but overall I believe it works well and a very nice clean looking mount is produced. After reading all the back and fourth on this blog and other blogs, I couldn't, in my head, figure out if KT was a good product or not. You eaither hate it or love it there are hardly any fence strattlers. So I called my friend that owns a start up tannery in Whichita Falls, tx. I asked about KT to see what he thought the quality of the "tan" that is produced with KT. He said that it is adequate. He said that it is a tan, not a pickle. He said that it is not the best tan in the world, but it is more than just a pickle as has been stated. He said that he used to use it when he was doing taxidermy work, but when he went to a tanning school in oregon and learned that you could get a better tan with other stuff in the same amount of time as a KT if you have the money, and equipment. Anyhow, I just thought that I would share what I was told by a guy who went to school to begin a tannery. Don't know if this helps or hurts.

continue on :)

Kaleb

15. TD

Commercial tan vs Liqua tan...........Is Liqua Tan inferior? Does Liqua Tan make an Inferior mount that will not last as long as a Commercial tan?
    To make a statement that Krowtan is inferior to Liqua tan is a close minded statement made on assumption and not fact............
    There are too many factors that come in to play as to how long any preservative method will last............
    Hudson........I assume you are a commercial tanner? It may be crap for what you do but its not for what we do as Taxidermist.
    Now .........If We were talking about Soft tanning then maybe your argument would have some credibility..............

16. Rhino

Rhino Too many irons in the fire will put the fire out!

In my opinion, even the name of the product mis-represents its abillitys. Krowtan, is not an actual tan, according to anybody that has THE SLIGHTEST BIT of tanning knowledge! It is a skin preservative, just like DP, or JRTS used on a raw skin.

Bill does alot of wholesale work, and cant afford the luxury of sending mounts out the door, with anything less, than A TANNED SKIN!

Heath, and Elkhunter, what is so bad about yall's way of thinking, is that you come online and spew that flatulance, for beginners to see. They will never know that there is a RIGHT WAY to tan a skin, that allows them to actually look their self in the mirror, and KNOW that they turned out the BEST product they could!

You two, are ALL ABOUT saving a buck, and thats all! Your loyalty to this product, STARTS, and STOPS there! THIS is the reason a few folks like Bill and Cole get a little pissed! YOU KNOW you are not tanning the skin, but you come on here, and pretend to have a legit method of tanning?

I for one, AM SICK OF SEEING THESE STUPID F---ING KT QUESTIONS! YES, Rick, your head is inferior!

17. Rhino

Rhino Too many irons in the fire will put the fire out!

Elkhunter, does Mike know your using his photo, to some how enhance your credibility?

18. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Why do we even bother? Oldshaver, though what you and Hudson say is true, you've said it before and no one listened. No reason to believe they will suddenly listen now. I have spoken with a tanner with years and years of experience, and he echoed what you two have stated. This site is great, but there is a wealth of bad information on here. My advice to beginners...find those with the most experience on a subject and forget what anyone else tells you.

Example: If you have a question about a whitetails earbutts, ask Rick Carter or Bill Yox.
    Should you find yourself wondering what the best way to carve a fish body, PM Rick Krane or Don Frank
    ...and last but not least, if you have a question about tanning, ask Aubry, Hudson or Monte.

19. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

He should have picked a different celebrity if that's his goal. ;D

20. Mike knows i am a big admirer of his work and personality...too bad you could never get that close to him....