1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Krowtan problems

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by TROPHY SHACK, Dec 23, 2009.

1. TD

TD My GGG Grandfather John "Tanner John" King b 1820

I was referring to the what Cole said as mis leading...........what you said was correct............You dont have to worry with KT ph but you do with Formic acid pickle.......

2. TD

Hudson..........A couple questions for you...........Ive already counter acted to all the rest of your post and I'm not going over it again.
    Failures out number successes? What failures? I had More failures when I was trying to be a Tanner lol.........What trouble are they having in their KT mounts?.........Rick Carter doesn't have any trouble and neither does John Griffith........
    I started out with DP...........Started tanning with Oxalic acid and Liqua tan and Lutan F..........Rick Carter personally turned me on to KT when it first came out..............Ive seen some KT mounts that were mounted back when it first came out and they look like they day they were done..........In fact I believe a couple are at WASCO now.............
    The only Acidic mounts that Ive ever seen were from some tannery lol..........
    Please argue with me with facts and not fantasy .................
    PS.........I would never call the cops.......i would help kick Goliath's A$$ lol

3. TD

PS Be aware that I have never stated that a KT cape is better than a Commercial Tan...........I just prefer to keep mine in house..........
    Rugs and Exotics are a another story.............I still have contact with many of My old clients and I frequent their houses from time to time and always eyeball the mounts I done several years past and They still look good............Even that 450 pound LS Black Bear that was KTed several years ago.............

4. TD

Even Tiger Wood would miss the ball with a bent club............That statement alone was ridiculous lol..............
    I don't get it?...........Are you threatened by Krowtan?............What other reason would you enter a KT thread just to bash it down?...........Are more Taxidermist doing their own capes with KT instead of sending them to you?...........Go figure...........
    Seems to me ..........your just making this Sh*& up as you go lol............

Banner?..........Did You even look at My Web site?.............I do advertise that I use Krowtan and I get plenty of work lol.........
    Do you always write before you think .......LMAO
    I'm still waiting for MY answer............What failures?..............

5. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Active Member

Ohio
    Tom, here is a rough draft for my new business cards & I will put it in my brochures also. Feel free to copy or use it for any ideas to use for your cards or banner.

Black Creek Taxidermy

In our studio we use the following materials to mount your trophies: well water, salt from the local feed mill, KrowTann from Ozark Woods, Eppley Tru Eyes, Eppley Earliners, Eppley Nictating Membranes, Eppley Septums, Hardwood Sawdust from a local supplier, Bondo from Wal-Mart, Sherwin Williams VOV 555 glue, Apoxie Sculpt, Critter Clay from Aves, Stir Sticks from the Flower Factory, Latex Gloves from the Flower Factor, Mounting Stand made by Gene Smith, Screws from local hardware, moldeling tools from Sculpture House, mannikins from Hilton Eppley Forms, mannikins from McKenzie Supply, paints from Lifetone Paint and other misc. supplies & materials.
    We would like to list our times & phone numbers but we are out of room.
    We feel we need to list everything we use because it seems other taxidermist list some of the materials they use & we didn’t want to leave anything out. This way you as the customer know everything we are using. We know this will make a difference in your choice to use our studio or not.

6. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

Failures Tom?.......what is the title of this thread? K-tan problems, that indicates a failure. Like most of the posts on here about it.

7. TD

Good Point Heath!!!!! RLMAO

8. TD

Dam........What happened to simple Common since lol......
    Do I need to write a little S L O W E R for you Bill...........
    These are beginners asking questions and having problems and not just Krowtan many many other systems and techniques toooooooooo lol...............

9. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

Tom c o u n t t h e n u m b e r o f p o s t s & c o m p a r e t o o t h e r t a n n i n g s y s t e m s q u e s t i o n s .

10. TD

That could also mean that more begginers are useing the product.........which is the MOST logical reason.........

11. Twisted.

Twisted. Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

You would think Hogheaven could have figured that out.

12. TD

Hudson.............I never even implied that Krowtan should be used by a Tannery lol
    I never said it was as good as a Commercial tan............
    You are missing the WHOLE point of our argument.
    It has a place for Taxidermist that want to do their own capes at home.............I never incourage any Taxidermist NOT to send capes to a good tannery.........in fact I tell people all their options............
    I'm sure you are a good tanner and put out a very nice tan and I respect what you do ,but Krowtan has its place in the Taxidermy industry and it has proven its self...........It has NO place in a commercial Tannery..........Even if its not a full tan..........It is still a better choice over DP.........
    After this Post .......If people believe all negative crap said about Krowtan then they are mis lead...........That comes from someone that is a Taxidermist and uses it day in and day out for Taxidermy purposes............

13. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

I am LMAO as well with this STUPID point. Who in the hell advertises what "products" and methods they use to tan?? I would guess no one.

Krowtan

14. TD

Ah............ he's just Hogheaded.........Or is that Hardheaded lol

15. TD

Maybe Hudson should advertise what Tan he uses............For all I know he's just a Home Tanner and not even a Tannery..........

16. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Active Member

Ohio
    Hudson that is what you don't understand. I am NOT telling anyone that KrowTann is better than anything else. I am not on here preaching to use this or that or my way is better than anyone elses, like some people. I am strictly defending what works for me !!! You only see me comment when I see people comment on things they say won't work or they say can't be done. When I see different in my shop.
    I encourage all beginners, newbies or whoever to do what I did and try all methods out or atleast alot of them & use what works best for THEM !!

Tucker, I have to disagree with your last statement. ;D ;D

After this thread I think the folks out there can figure out which way they want to go....

Krowtan

I say just like I did above. People should use what works best for them.

17. TD

I asked you what your business was and you ignored me..........a long time back........ ....until now lol.......
    You must be ashamed of your business because you never have answered My question?...........
    I figured you were Micro Tan simply because that's the only one I seen in Illinois.........
    Since You are not a Taxidermist,I doubt that you could detail the way My students would need anyways.......
    and that was before I knew what YOU was all about........
    So now We are Name calling.........Like it will help your cause ..........Pathetic lol..........
    I happen to know allot of Taxidermist that would make MY mounts look bad...........So whats your point?............Another NARROW minded comment?.....lol
    If you go around looking at Men with Queer thoughts ..........I would say you have issues and you best keep your distance from me ...LOL

18. TD

PS.....I would sugest you stop before you make a worse ARSE of yourself........LOL

19. TD

Hell Yea ......I have to have the last word!!! LOL
    So I can see Turds like you Squeal and CRY like a baby...........
    Looks to me like you are the one that cant take the heat........Or you wouldn't be calling me names and grabbing at any thing you can find to try to de grade me..........I'm sitting here laughing at you........You come in a Bad A$$ and Go out a Dumb A$$ LOL........

20. TD

Hudson.........YOUR not tough enough to hurt My feeling........You'll have to grow a pair first......... LOL......