1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Krowtan problems

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by TROPHY SHACK, Dec 23, 2009.

1. TD

TD My GGG Grandfather John "Tanner John" King b 1820

Why are you calling me TOMMY?...........Is this more of your Funny Boy fantasy's?........ LOL
    I bet all your friends will keep their distance from you now.......... LOL
    Its funny how you went from what seemed to be an Intelligent Idiot into a Babbling Idiot ....... ::)....LMAO

2. TD

Jezzzzz.......The Babbling is getting worse LOL
    Calm down there Hud before you have a Conniption fit LOL

3. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Wow

4. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

LMAO, it was only a matter of time.

5. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Active Member

Ohio
    Jim, WOW is right !! That surprises me.
    All that coming from a person who doesn't post a picture of himself !! Too funny !! Good show of what level of maturity this person is at in their life !!

6. TD

I seem to bring out the worse in people....... LOL
    I never expected that ............He came in on a KT post Growling like a Dobermin and went out whimpering like a poodle LOL
    Cole........You are the only Sane one left............and the only one I see that doesn't take all this personal ......LOL

7. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

12 pages ::) when can Krowtann R.I.P ? ::) and the people that comes with it :p

8. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Of course not, I know I'm right. ;)

9. TD

How can I question your ability when I don't even know who YOU are...... ::).......You ignored all My questions?..........On more than one occasion.........
    You come here on like an arrogant a$$.........unidentified...........At least I'm not ashamed of who I am............
    Sure I question the integrity of any business man just doesn't even return a PM of some possible clients and then calls Me a fag LOL
    You want to debate with me then tell me who you are or stay the hell away...............
    Your just a GHOST full of hot air as far as I'm concerned LOL........

10. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

You remind of the salesman at SEARS that when I told him the same EXACT TV was $150 cheaper at Wal-Mart he says "Well WalMart buys those TV's and changes out the parts so they can sell them cheaper"!?!?!?

Beginners need to remember THIS...everybody thinks THEIR product is best. Ever go to a FORD dealer and be told to buy an Astro Van...probably not. The REAL problem with Krowtan is successful and offers a quality form of preservation that keeps EVERYTHING in house. All methods of preservation have to be done PROPERLY...including sending out your skins to a tannery.

I don't know Tom but between Heath and I we have been in business for 50+ years. Krowtan works very well. When you have problems with your Harley do you go to the Honda garage and listen to them RANT about how bad your Harley sucks...or do you go to someone who knows about Harley's???

Ignore the anti Krowtan posts, they won't help. Call Ozark Woods they WILL help...or PM someone who has success with it. In fact call me from 9-5 eastern at 330-878-7405 and I will try and help.

11. TD

Trust me ......From what I do know of you .........I certainly don't care to know more LOl
    The only reason I contacted you(that was a mistake) in the first place........was because I thought you detailed capes.............I tell My students all the different shavers that they can use, because I have more work than I need..........You twist it into another reason.........once again YOU make crap up..........
    It's obvious Who has been played like a Piano since you showed so much HOSTILTY in your posts........ LOL
    I remember ByGolly and it seems to me that you act like him more than I do LOL
    Trying to compair me with that guy just shows how your searching for something against me but only in vein.............A poor attempt on your part.......
    Stay off the Krowtann threads if you don't like it.............GO back to RUDEVILLE where you belong.........LOL

12. TD

Funny How...........Once you've lost your posture........its hard to get it back LOL
    Too late now Hud...........No matter how hard you try...........it's not going to happen.....LMAO
    Did ByGolly break down and start calling you names (like a child)?
    Seems to me that the role was reversed in this case...........Guess you bit off more than you could chew ......LOL

13. TD

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D

14. fougair

fougair New Member

I am just starting out (beginner). I have only used Krowtann thanks to a certain dvd .I would like to try other methods not because KT did not work for me but to expand my options and to learn more.I have seen Hudsons video on using a dakota (very informative) Tom i think you made very good points.If there are problems with KT then show us beginners like you did with your(hudson) video and i will learn why KT is not a good choice.All these pages about this topic reveal alot about someone.This is sad to see people argue over TANNING!!!!! Now you two should set a better example for us beginners there are lots of questions about stop-rot,stop-slip,hidepaste ,how to use the search,how to do a euro mount(in a certain amount of time) the list goes on and on it does not mean the product or method is bad.Now stop this silly arguing and name calling it does no good.Thank you :)

15. fougair

fougair New Member

Yes ...don't believe everything i read. ;D

16. TD

Fougair...........You have to admit.......It was a bit entertaining............
    If you want to know more about KT then call me and I'll be glad to tell you all about it and My experiences with it..........
    And .........I can help you out with other tans as well.........I have allot of experience with those too as far as hometanning is concerned............
    and I can throw allot of tips at you that might save a cape or two..........I am a much better talker than a writer and I can express Myself better.........
    .............I never take any of these arguments personel.........I hope Hud feels the same........LOL
    And YES you may have the word ;D

17. fougair

fougair New Member

Tom thanks for the offer and when i do have questions i will be looking for the both of you and yes it was entertaining. ;D you guys have a great night!

18. sgossman1972

sgossman1972 New Member

same with me guys ,i have all ways used dp and want to make the switch .can send the hides out ,but expensive want to know
    about in house.need a easy way don't need screw ups heard about krowtann?

19. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Krowtann is easy BUT IMO you will need a few things to make it work RIGHT.

1. You need some mechanical way to thin your capes. Krowtann skins are very tough I would break my back doing them with a draw knife. You need a fleshing machine or a Mini-flesher at the MINIMUM. If you have NEITHER send your capes out.

2. You need at least a WORKING knowledge of tanning. Following the instructions works BUT when problems arise you need to know how to fix them. Without that working knowledge of tanning you will have problems IMO.

3. You need to be somewhat vigilant in your procedures. YOU HAVE to pull the skins out ONCE a day and stretch them out a little so that the tan gets to every area. If you do this you can leave them in Krowtan indefinitely...skip this step and your hide will be ruined quickly. Other tanning systems require even MORE vigilance...so if you can't keep an eye on your stuff....send it out to a tannery.

4. You need to know how to measure a cape. Using DP you get used to being able to fit a cape on a form SEVERAL sizes too large because raw skin stretches a MILE...it also shrinks a MILE. using TANNED or Krowtanned capes is a big adjustment for people used to raw skins. Use forms that fit the skin otherwise you will be doomed to failure.

20. jbnf

jbnf New Member

I use krowtann and have never had a problem but I can see where people that don't pay attention can get in a bind and lose some hides. I don't have the paperwork in front of me but I noticed that I have three different sets of instructions on using Krowtann and they are all different.

The WASCO catalog shows to use X amount of ingredients.
    The label on the bottle shows Y amounts of ingredients.
    The piece of paper that came with the bottle shows Z amounts of ingredients.

This may be where people are having trouble with following directions. But I did notice there is an instructional DVD available for sale.