1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

vandykes or mc kenzies????

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by alan webfoot, Dec 24, 2009.

1. alan webfoot

alan webfoot New Member

what gives I just called Mac Kenzies and was told ''thank you for calling Van Dykes but we are..... '' who are we REALLY talking to?

2. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

McKenzie owns Van Dyke's. So your talking to McKenzie either way.

3. Russ of V.O.W.T

Russ of V.O.W.T my Ken Edwards moment

wow, i thought everybody knew this weeks ago LOL alan you gotta come out of the cave a little more often dude, there are a BUNCH of posts on here about this very subject LOL but yeah the buy out was done a while ago

4. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

I'm still not used to when they answer as say "Van Dyke's, a McKenzie company, how can I help you?" It's gonna take a while :D

5. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Each time ask for a Vandyke Representative to give your order too,, LOL

6. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

I know I still do a double take at the catalog when I order from the McKenzie book and get a Van Dykes operator. LOL

7. bowhunr

bowhunr New Member

This was likely already discussed in an earlier post but what's the deal with 2 catalogs? Why would there still be a Van Dykes catalog (I just got my new one in the mail). Wonder why they wouldn't make just one big kick ass McKenzie catalog..although it's pretty thick as it is now. Maybe that's why.

8. scpol

scpol Wholesale Bird Taxidermy....Fan of Mike & Harry

There's still a John Rinehart catalog to, and their owned by McKenzie...

9. bowerbird

bowerbird New Member

is Mc Kenzies owned by Mc Kenzies,,or dont they know?.........

10. So is that why I haven't got the Van Dykes catalog I ordered last month??? LOL

11. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

individual companies owned by the same investment group. If a company's stock is to stand on it's own merit, it has to be a separate company. I'm sure it's illegal to cross books also. That would be similar to money laundering.