1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

WTB High Quality Western Bobcats

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by SHB, Dec 24, 2009.

1. SHB

SHB Hah, ....what trouble?

If you live or trap somewhere similar to this:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And you have some cats that look like this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then I would like to buy them.

We will be back and forth all across the western U.S. this winter buying all kinds of quality fur, but especially the nice heavy, white belly lynxcats.

If you want to sell cats this season; it is in your best interest to hear my offer.

Thank You
    Marty
    308-870-4887

baxhip@gmail.com

2. want them cased,fleshed and dried?...throw me some price estimates. Just ball park figures. Nothing I would hold you to but enough to hold my furs for you

3. Sorry Marty...I think my cats are worth more than $50.00 but good luck in your search.I don't believe you'll buy many western cats at $50.00

4. Aktrpr

Aktrpr New Member

Wow, $50 on western Bobcats??

5. Antlersrjs

Antlersrjs God never said Life Would be Fair.....

No way I know a trapper here in Montana that is still getting over$200.00 for his top cats and even if it's a female it's more than that.

6. SHB

Where did $50 come from? I swear sometimes the information super highway amazes me.

I will pay you $200 to $250 averages on your large toms with A/B bellies

C bellies will drop down to $100 -$150 range

the brown bellies, lactating females, will be cheap.

I'm on a borrowed computer right now. My own computer at home is locked up with a virus.

If you need to contact me before next week please call.

7. SHB

put up for fur is fine. If you catch one with a lot of character, you might want to freeze it whole to maximize your options.

8. Sorry Marty...must have been a typo in the email. I checked it again and it did say $50.00 easy. I was thinking of buying from you for $75.00 and making a pile of money...lmao

9. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

marty will do you good if you have western stuff. ck him out.

10. Aktrpr

Aktrpr New Member

I was wondering how in the world this guy had pictures of the cats he does paying that little, lol. Makes more since now.
    Mike

11. Thanks Bob. I will...Hate to doubt anyone.But then again if I meet him in person to sell furs it's my choice to accept or decline an offer.So if I have enough furs when you come through to make it worth your and my trouble...I will meet with you.If I don't have enough furs I will wait till your next trip through.Sorry for the mix up Marty

12. SHB

Its all good mates, no harm.

now I'm going to go look at my "sent" emails and see if I typo'ed something in my rush to get everything taken care of.

thanks for the heads up.

Marty

13. LONE

LONE Just another dog...

If you make it thru my neck of the woods, Tonopah Nv., Stop in to our trapping store and take a look at our cats......we have picked up 14 so far this season......if you make it to town give us a call. Will you be attending the Fallon fur sale this season......
    thanks
    LONE

14. MattB.

MattB. New Member

you wont find anyone better than marty to deal with.

15. RedWolf7

RedWolf7 New Member

Question - is it common for a trapper to take a nursing mother and let her kittens starve? That would be the one I'd let go.

16. bob wendt

redwolf, "tit female" is not a nursing mother. they have their kittens in the spring. furs are trapped in the winter. "tit female" refers to a poor belly with red stains around the nipples, a porhpyrin stain in saliva from the kittens old nursing, the re color which stays for months and months, and a generally thin furred cat from the rigors of raising a litter. they have long since been weaned. this is the same reason white poodles have red stains on their faces from their tears, and mangy coyotes have pink bellys ( excessive licking/saliva), all containing the same naturally occuring red stain in saliva and tears. also why you see female bobcats offered dirt cheap on here- the poor bellys. some trappers do turn loose tit females, not because they are nursing, but why kill the factory, especially if it is only worth 20 bucks? you are not knowledgable, so just explaining. trappers catch enough grief as is without mis information. fwiw, with the fur market up dramatically in the last 60 days, marty is very aggresive buying now. and he drinks a mean red and white wine!

17. SHB

Its still a coin toss which way the cat market is going to go this year.

some buyers will actually have to start paying for some cats here in the next couple of weeks, and as that info leaks out we should start to have a clue on this years market.

I will say that I'm looking for good coyotes and fox. Send me a pm if you have some good semi heavys or western heavys for sale.

Thanks
    Marty

18. engc237

engc237 Active Member

kittens are normally weaned by trapping season but leave the female bellie wallowed out and thin most are stained brown from the summer months kittens will be fine some stay with mothers threw first winter even though there weaned but not but not always

19. bob wendt

ther more I think about it the more I resent someone even asking "do trappers kill nursing mothers and let the kittens starve?" what an ignorant question. must be right out of the peta/hsus handbook. kinda like we hilljacks sesls da feets`s of all the animals that the traps chops off. uh huh. one might expect that crud on a kiddy post on facebook, but not on a taxidermy site. do taxidermists mount animals while they are still alive? no less ignorant of a question.

20. mike2766

mike2766 New Member

Good shot Bob. RedWolf7 needs a lesson in biology, reproductive physiology, and most of all, reality.