1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 4~ Week # 10 2009 Christmas Edition!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 4~ Week # 10 2009 Christmas Edition!!!

Week # 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas!

Ho Ho Ho from Hinsdale New Hampshire ( I couldn’t resist LOL)! I want to wish you all friends and all of the inspired artist who spend the time to get that much better at our beloved craft we call fish taxidermy the warmest and genuinely hopeful blessings for this 2009 Christmas! On this day the Lord gave to us born his only son!

I do hope you have the opportunity to be thankful for your gifts of great passion and talent as an artist! It is a blessing to me for our lives to be joined from time to time to share and learn from one another.

Be safe during the holidays and continue to learn always!
    Merry Christmas!

I want to personally say thank you for letting me join you every week in your successes and accomplishments! I have seen first hand the great strides so many have made with beautiful fish work! Good for you and congratulations on your hard work!!!!

Let's start of the week recognizing those who shared their wonderful work with all of us! Thanks for all the beautiful fish work in this past weeks this week in fish pictures!

I want to thank all of the great contributors who really show not only great talent and work but rather give such inspiration to all of us!

A great week Fishheads!!!!!
    From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every week in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another.

I would like to start this holiday issue of the Week in fish pictures with some very colorful Christmas looking fish! The beautiful reds and greens for these beauties are the works of Mr. Matt Kapraun for the great state of Illinois came out and join the family here in Hinsdale, New Hampshire for a bit of fun and fish work! Matt is a full time taxidermist and a gifted one at that! It was lots of fun for Kathie and I to spend time with Matt. Each and every student taxidermist who comes here at some point is challenged with a obstacle or two. What I love is when some one has the courage to push through it and come to their own conclusions to better proceed by using the new information they have been working with and on as Matt did several times! Way to go Matt!

I want o share some pictures of the incredible work of Mr. Matt Kapraun! I hope you enjoy his big fish!

I sure hope you enjoy the inspiration and timeless work of Mr. Matt Kapraun!

So here goes!

I hope you enjoy the week!

So with out further ado let's get week # 10 under way.

So here we go and here is to a great week in fish pictures!!!! # 10 Enjoy!

My Best!

You're Friend
    Rick Krane

Cool Chum Pic’s
    Before…

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

A few more shots.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just Beautiful!

[​IMG]

Merry Christmas!

Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry
    312 Chesterfield Road
    Hinsdale New Hampshire 03451
    603-336-7296
    rmkinc1@msn.com
    www.anglersartistry.com

2. redwolf

redwolf New Member

WOW. Very nice.

3. Way to go Matt, those are just beautiful looking pieces of art, you did good. What a great ending to your journeys with those fish, Congratulations. rw

4. garyc71

garyc71 New Member

WOW!!!! Matt, that Chum Salmon is just awesome!!! Nice work!

5. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Active Member

Excellent!! Beautiful fish...

6. Manny

Manny New Member

Beautimas Fish !! ;D

7. great fish keep up the good work
    andy

8. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Matt,..........

Matt, I'm impressed!

Great teacher ! ! :)

Kerby...

9. BeachBuck

BeachBuck New Member

Great work.Love the detail around the gumline.Nice

10. Sikk

Sikk Member

Ok, I'm game. not many fish up yet.Here is a 41.5" Minnesota pike, a Christmas gift for the young man that caught it. It was pretty beat up, lots of scale/fin damage, but he still turned out fair.

Attached Files:

11. Excellent work Matt. I love the fish and the head detail is fantastic. Nice Pike Sikk and great coloration.

12. mk

mk -30 below

IL
    Thanks guys-intenet at my place has been down the last couple days due to a small ice storm so it might come back on this monday.

Rick did a fantastic job teaching me at his place, learned some cool stuff for sure fish anatomy and painting, business, etc. and was fortunate he was able to put up with me. LOL. Rick's wife Kathie was an excellent cook and did a couple loads of laundry for me while i there above and beyond for me.

BTW, these fish were not photoshopped. LOL, it is the real deal. :D.

The chum i caught and the sockeye my wife reiko caught on 20-mile river by Anchorage, AK. We caught these fish with Tom and Brenda Cruickshank back in late July /1st of August off Tom's airboat this year of '09.

13. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

that chum is amazing

14. RDA

RDA Active Member

outstanding MK! ;)

15. Nice Fish Matt!

Here is a Replica Bass I finished today. It's from a Joshua Knuth Blank

Attached Files:

16. And a 19" Crappie from Lake Country Replica's.

Attached Files:

17. Tom Cruickshank

Tom Cruickshank The History Channel says I'm "creepy"!!

Looking good Matt! Nice pike & crappie too. The pike I'm familiar with, we've got those here. But I haven't seen a live crappie for about 30 years.... Good job guys!

18. Matt, realy nice job on the chums,wish we had more time to just hang out,next time perhaps.

19. Craig W

Craig W New Member

Here is one from about a month ago

Attached Files:

20. Really nice work Matt! I love the mouth detail.

Rick your skills of teachings never stop amazing me!!!!!!