1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 4~ Week # 10 2009 Christmas Edition!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Dec 25, 2009.

1. scpol

scpol Wholesale Bird Taxidermy....Fan of Mike & Harry

Sweet shark Alex.. ;D ;D

2. alexm

alexm New Member

Thanks J.P and Scott I got a few more of those hand cutting things to do .
    Alex..

3. arobele

arobele New Member

Nice job Kebin!

Very nice Gar.

I have a begginer's question: Is a Repro or an Skin Mount?

Thanks,
    Adolfo

4. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Well-Known Member

Skin mount on a carved body.

5. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Didn't see a new thread, and keeping w/ the pike theme on this one, here's one I did for Christmas.

Attached Files:

6. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Well-Known Member

Nice fish Cole.

7. Bill4bass

Bill4bass New Member

Cole that is very nice looking Northern and I really like how you photoshopped the display. Nice job!!!!

8. FinFlight

FinFlight TRAIL CREEK

Heres a pic from the program i run called kids are fishermen to.ill mount a fish for the kids ten and under free it usually little fish and little fishermen.I feel it promotes taxidermy and fishing,I do about twenty a year and no money is worth the smiles i get from the little ones.Great work as usuall ive been in deer mode and havent been doing many fish.

Attached Files:

9. hey fin n' flight thats pretty cool! i like that haha great idea :)

10. FinFlight

FinFlight TRAIL CREEK

Thanks the parents like it and the kids love it .They will usually the you the story of how they caught it when they pick it up its great.

11. DanB

DanB New Member

Cole, Nice pike display.

12. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Thanks guys

13. alexm

alexm New Member

Great pike Cole
    Alex.

14. KAMoHunter

KAMoHunter Proud member of the WVTA

SWEET COLE!!!!

15. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

This is my first and last skin mount Spadefish. Hubby caught it this summer and I mounted it up for him for Christmas. It was 21 1/2" long. It's far from perfect but I tried, I don't many fish.

Attached Files:

• 010x.jpg
      010x.jpg
      File size:
      122.8 KB
      Views:
  16. Here is a fish I just finished for a very good friend of mine.

It is 16" Highfin Carpsucker, the name is far from glorious, but they are beautiful fish, and very very very hard to catch on hook and line.
    We have stalked this species for many years on the vast flats of the wisconsin river. They behave similarly to bonefish.
    They move up onto the flats in water as shallow as 8", their long dorsal quill sticks out of the water. They have AMAZING eyesight and scatter if so much as a dragonfly buzzes overhead, add to that their diet consist of tiny insects.
    We finally figured out a pattern to catch them this last summer. Ultralight thin braid line (They spook with mono or floro?) and a tiny hook with a quarter of a waxworm for bait. All sight fishing and watching for strikes keeping your shadows to a minimum.

It was an awesome day! fishing a school of over a hundred highfins in 100 degree weather, just me and my fishing bud stalking the sand flats below the bluffs, while eagles soared above and the buzz of cicadas in the heavy air.

Anyway, sorry for the long story, but the fish is special to me and my friend.
    Good fishing buddy's and best friends are something to acknowledge while you can.
    This last year has reminded many of us that we only take so many spins on this rock. You have to let your friends and family know what they mean to you while you can.

Happy New Year everyone.
    May 2010 be joyous and fruitful.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. KAMoHunter

KAMoHunter Proud member of the WVTA

first cousin to the quilback carpsucker.... heck they look dang near like identical twins..... hell of a job josh...... as usual

18. Yupp very very similar to quillbacks, but a ton harder to catch. Its funny that they are so similar yet so different. and quillies aren't too easy either.
    Now I need to land one of those river carpsuckers I see combing the flats.

19. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Reaks of awesomeness.....

That is why I totally love this section of taxi.net.

:)

Kerby...