1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Nose Color Revisted

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Wayne R, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Wayne R

Wayne R NRA and B&C Life Member

Not quite jet black.

[​IMG]

2. Hedhuntr

Hedhuntr Member

That is one I don't think I would recreate to original. Unless the customer was hell bent on it. I once had a GSD that had a spotty nose just like that.

3. Mason

Mason Active Member

Heck Yeah,

I'd do my darnedest to recreate that nose!!!

4. I agree Ron. That's pretty cool!

5. really pretty!

6. Keep it as it was, but keep a pic there will be a doubting thomas out there.

7. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

There will be LOTS of Doubting Thomases that look at that deer!!

8. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

I'd put it back EXACTLY like it was.

9. Wayne R

That was the first thing I asked, but he wants a regular looking whitetail. The big thing is this thing has about a 1" X 3" damaged area on the bridge of the nose. As long as I don't loose any more fur, I think we will be alright. This is a doe that was brought in to mount with a buck he brought in last week.

[​IMG]

10. joeuhuh

joeuhuh New Member

i would try to get him a new doe cape and get him to aggree to it and then mount that one as is for myself even if i had to supply new one for nothing does come easy lol

11. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

From the looks of the white hairs next to that new damage Id say shes done it before. Is she a captive deer, or was she taken near some kind of fence? Cool nose too.

12. Wayne R

This was a wild deer. I've been having problems with a particular butcher, and I'm thinking he had this hanging upside down with it's head dragging on the ground. I have got in several deer with short briskets, and all of them have knife cuts through out the capes. I pulled it together on top and it looks like I shouldn't have a problem getting it together, "if" more fur doesn't peel away from the damage. Stop Rot was applied to the area. He was bent on this cape, and knows it may be a waste of time. He is a customer who I've done several deer for, runs the archery department in a local sports store, and is enough of a friend that he helped me track a deer this year. I don't mind trying to make this work for him if it can.

13. What a unique doe Wayne! To bad he didn't want to make the nose as it was ??? Oh well, you'll make her look fantastic I'm sure.