1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

900 lb hog skull

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by runingun, Dec 26, 2009.

1. runingun

runingun New Member

I'm picking up a skull from a 900 lb bore hog tomorow to clean and mount.I haven't seen it yet and not sure of its actual size.I was told it has huge tusk and is a farm raised hog.Apparently it has the cape also attached.Has anyone had any experence with a big hog skull?I might be asking some questions on here about this big boy.

2. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

Simmer it in a 55 gallon drum cut in half...after you have cooked off 50lbs of meat and lard, you will have something you can manage.

3. runingun

runingun New Member

I think I will do it that way.Not sure what I'm getting into but I could'nt resest.Thanks for the help.

4. huntohio

huntohio New Member

ohio
    I've done a few 600 pounders. there a handful. To do anymore that big, I'd cook it a bit too. good luck.

5. I am doing a 500 pounder now. the skull aint much, its the amount of meat and fat on the big ones. I cleaned up mine as best as posible and macerating it in a plastic tub with aquarium heaters (2). I don't bug hogs anymore, I want a jump on the fat which they have a plenty of. good luck on your big one