1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

dwarf hamster skeleton

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by longnthetooth47, Dec 27, 2009.

1. a little something for my fellow collectors and articulators to look at. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] let me know what you guys think.

2. oh and the exact species is Phodopus campbelli. Campbells dwarf hamster.

3. bosch

bosch New Member

are the ligaments still on it?

4. The smiling javelina in the 2nd pic looks like hes gonna chomp him lol.

5. for the most part the ligaments are there but i did have to articulate a little bit of it. i couldnt whiten it very well as thats what made it start to fall apart. just a little project. next up is a guinea pig.

6. bosch

bosch New Member

really nice done

7. BVanKirk

BVanKirk package deal

very cool

8. shockme2

shockme2 New Member

Sweeeet! ;D ;D ;D

9. csmingler

csmingler New Member

how do you attach the bones together? epoxy?

10. Very nice........

11. mingler, they are mostly held together with ligaments, this is done when you let the beetle eat most of the flesh but just leave the ligaments, it takes practice to tell when to remove it. the parts I had to articulate i just used a very small amount of super glue. thanks for the comments guys, I have more coming up, im almost done with a mouse and next up is a guinea pig and an interesting one, a long tailed grass lizard. that ones gonna be tough, after those it will be time for a syrian hamster"Mesocricetus auratus" or the common pet hamster. should be fun

12. OregonOutdoordude

OregonOutdoordude New Member

Good job man!