1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

question on per inch price

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by hampshire, Dec 29, 2009.

1. I ve never done a repro on a fish over say 30" do you keep your same price or do you go down a bit for the larger fish? I charge 19 an inch for repros. Just a question I say no but I never get any big fish lots of calls but someone else always gets them for less.

2. Mark V.

Mark V. Chinook Salmon replica

We charge the same inch price for a larger fish repro as we do a smaller one. You wouldn't want to go down as the blanks cost more. The only scenario of going down on one is if you just want to try one out or the blank costs less and you can make the same profit. Just my 2 cents Mark V.

3. Same here. Blank cost tend to go up when you get in to the really big fish.

4. KAMoHunter

KAMoHunter Proud member of the WVTA

i charge the same. its all relavent in the end.

5. i charge the same regardless of size.

6. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I used to charge the same per inch regardless of size, but after losing my ass on a 145lb. paddlefish, my large fish prices went up per/inch.

7. Cole ,I do the same,everything over 40 inches is P.O.R in my shop now.(It's never less than $22 per inch on repro's w/ a $250 minimum)