1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

?????

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Badboy 28, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Matt

Matt Active Member

With all the forms on the market today, I am sure there is something that will work for you deer. I agree, if he has that many years in the business, he should be able to set you up with exactly what you want. Good luck and keep us posted on the progress.

2. Badboy 28

Badboy 28 New Member

thanks for the input guys

he will alter a form and not charge extra as he did for my coyote (in the habitat section)
    i just thought it would be easier to find one he didnt have to
    i found it weird that they offer a form only in certain sizes when there are so many poeple out there mounting heads
    i m not that experienced in the "form business" was just looking for options or opinions
    we have finalized anything yet and he was pretty busy so he said he ll look around and call me back with options
    he s treated me pretty good before and i give him alot of business so i havent got anything to worry about
    hell i still bring stuff to him and my dad doing poeples he doesnt even now ;)

3. joeuhuh

joeuhuh New Member

it might be a newer series and they add new sizes as they are sculpted but have few sizes when they first come out they make them in the most used sizes first to help pay for the time spent in the initial sculpting and casting the mold for the form then as the mold for the series make moneythey can afford to scuplt addtional sizes and cast molds to go into production on more sizes

if ur dad does taxi u could always look through his catologs and find the form u like in the size u want and tell the taxi what to mount it on-- im kinda with the other guy who mentioned ur dad aught to kick ur ass though unless u think he does crap work

joe

4. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Just let the Taxidermist do his friggin job!

5. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

X2. I had a guy call and ask if I'd do his kids first deer. I said Sure. Then he started asking all kinds of questions.
    It got to the point where he was telling me how to do my job (MP, don't say it :D)
    I knew he was gonna be "one of those people" and turned down the job. If your THAT worried about it, just take it to another taxidermist, or just let him do what he does ;)

6. Badboy 28

Badboy 28 New Member

Redwolf i think your right
    he s never screwed me before ;)
    and my dads only been mounting animals for couple years so i wanna see what his heads look like after time
    not to mention i told him if something ever happened i d rather kill a stranger than my dad !