1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

cool skull we just finished

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by Bubbas, Dec 29, 2009.

1. [​IMG]

2. RDMARTIN53

RDMARTIN53 Active Member

Hershel Walker would be proud.

3. artskulls

artskulls New Member

very nice

4. buckhunting101

buckhunting101 Hides N Stuff Taxidermy

Thats really unique.Great idea!

5. OregonOutdoordude

OregonOutdoordude New Member

unique.

6. We now have orders for about 15 skulls with GA,LSU,Tn. I will post others as we get them done. This was just for fun on a clients' skull that wanted something different and now as taken an easy job for $125 to one we get $175 for. Nowadays you have to think outside the box to make it.

7. I would keep the skull the same but work on that plaque, the lines are uneven, looks grade like school work. get some shots of say the stadium or cheer leaders, or the actual mascot for the back ground on the state plaque

8. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Coming from a person who's work we never see....................

9. MattHCT

MattHCT New Member

Sweeeet!

10. procull

procull QLD WILD GAME HARVESTER

11. bulldog4949

bulldog4949 "Mounting your Memories"

My thoughts exactly MP. ;)

12. huntohio

huntohio New Member

ohio
    Looks great. What paint did you use on the skull? Todd

13. When my son was in high school, his summer job was to mow and paint the lines on the football field. Thats about what his lines looked like. LOL. That skull is a neat idea. I bet those are big sellers.

14. RDMARTIN53

RDMARTIN53 Active Member

15. We know the lines are uneven and are working on making them even but this was the first one. We used Polytranspar Lacquer Black and Gill Red then cover with clear gloss.

Yes we are now selling a good many since we got this one done. Being 20 mins. north of UGA helps alot!!

Thanks everyone for your nice comments this was a fun project and we look forward to doing different ones.

Kim

16. navajo

navajo New Member

Utah
    i like the uneven lines, gives it that good ol hand painted look.

17. Sorry for the derail Kim. I don't have much of a collection of my own, I don't take any pic's of customers heads, til now. I got out my camera and did the best I could. will post in a new thread.

18. csmingler

csmingler New Member

wow that looks extremely awesome. is that paint on the skull or some kind of decal? let me know cause i would love to try that

19. Was not meaning to insult, just wanted to give my opinion that the skull looked to hightech against the background, and also gave some ideas that would make alumni happy in my opinion.

20. csmingler
    it is painted black and gill red