1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Are Woodpeckers legal to mount?

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Blane, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Blane

Blane New Member

I found a woodpecker in the yard the other day that ran into a window. I thought Id give my first try at a bird, but wondered if that is leagal to mount? Are the common everyday birds legal to mount? Of course I know owls and eagles are not? But woodpecker I dont know? Any light would be appreciated...

2. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Not legal. Leave it.

3. SR1

SR1 Divorces cost so much cause they are worth it!!!!!

WNY
    Only if its over 18 yrs old ;D ;D ;D :D ;D NO a woodpecker is not legal to mount leave it where it lays.

4. GOOD ONE SR1...........................

5. KaiYoDei

KaiYoDei New Member

NJ
    anything in USA that is not game, or invasive is Illegal.
    unless I think you get a Federal Taxidermy salvage permit, and a nation wide taxidermy licance. The woman at my fish and game told me that, and the website for the nation wide fish and game says it costs $100 a year to keep birds that aren't "on the list of legal species"

but raptors are off limits. Unless you work for a zoo and need to stuff it, or someone's dead falconry bird

ahgg, sence my computer came back from the shop i forgot to put in the right PDF plug in. now its back to slow unresponsive PDF files trying to load.

i swear thats what the site said I could be wrong

go to fws.gov