1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

I.D. help?

Discussion in 'Reptile Taxidermy' started by jlp, Dec 30, 2009.

1. jlp

jlp New Member

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. jlp

jlp New Member

from south florida,
    if that information can help

3. the problem with south florida is there are so many non native species, if i were to put my finger on it i would say its part of the spiny lizard, or swift family Sceloporus. or possible one of the curly tailed lizards, Leiocephalus. can you give me a reference for size please?

4. also does its stomach bear any blue patches? it looks strikingly like one of the fence lizards, which are part of the spiny lizard family or a female of the hispanola curly tail

5. camarogirl

camarogirl Hunting is MURDER! Tasty, tasty murder. ~steak~

Looks like the fence lizards we have in Nebraska, but I am no expert, I just used to catch them when I was younger... :)

6. looks like a fence lizard

7. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

How big is it? I looks like a monitor to me.

8. camarogirl

camarogirl Hunting is MURDER! Tasty, tasty murder. ~steak~

I am guessing about 5-7 inches. (If it is the same kind we have around here). Cute lil buggers, if ya flip em over real fast in your hand, they kinda "trance out" and just lay there for awhile :)

9. jlp

jlp New Member

11 inches

10. jlp

jlp New Member

Attached Files:

11. jlp

jlp New Member

leiocephalus cainatus, this species was released intentionally in the 1940 in palm beach in attempt to rid sugarcane of insect pest,males may reach a length of 28cm(11 in)