1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Holy crap

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by BUZ, Jan 1, 2010.

1. I am going to have to say, It was shot two times, probably on purpose... I have seen many 22 holes in Mule deer ears, shot by young-uns out target practicing.. Never seen it done with a bow ??

2. Thats pretty wild. Thanks for the pics.

3. BUZ

BUZ Member

Well here are the ears repaired.

Attached Files:

4. BUZ

BUZ Member

more

Attached Files:

5. BUZ

BUZ Member

the buck

Attached Files:

6. BUZ

BUZ Member

He's still drying and I have to do some more tweaking yet. Looks like the left eyes open more than right. oops beter get that adjusted. ;D

7. cyclone

cyclone Posts: 400001

I'll go with two different injuries. Wasn't the same broadhead unless the blades broke before hitting the second ear. The length and configuration of the cuts don't match. Looks like the one on the right in the pic didn't open until the cartilage was removed..old wound.

8. Matt

Matt Active Member

Very nice, you made a great save. For that to be the same arrow, the guy had to be on the ground shooting(not possible in a stand) on the same exact plane for the arrow to pass through the same spot on both ears. That would be like hitting the lottery.

9. BUZ

BUZ Member

I was thinking it was done with a mechanical broadhead? Both wounds looked fresh. I was thinking it hit left first. It had the smaller hole and then the right?

10. cyclone

cyclone Posts: 400001

Whoever finally dropped him hit the lottery, nice buck...

11. BUZ

BUZ Member

This was a young mans first buck. I am thinking it will be all down hill from here.......

12. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Keith, not to belabor a point none of us will ever really know, but WHY would a "mechanical" make a smaller hole in one ear than the other? And looking at your completed mount, there just doesn't seem any way those ears could be placed where a single arrow would hit both of them dead center.

13. Matt

Matt Active Member

Like I said, if it was the same arrow, it had to be shot off the ground and on the same plane with the ears perfectly back at the right angle. I am not saying it couldn't happen cause I have seen the impossible at times. NO way that it was the same arrow out of a stand. Nice mount and save either way Keith, great job.

14. fougair

fougair New Member

I got it, there was a second shooter from the grassy knowl ;D

15. Me beign from southern il i would say there was two guys and a phrase "here hold my beer and watch this shit" lol nice work nice deer

16. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

You know, people from Illinois are known for doing things that no body anywhere else is capable of doing, like..........being a muslum, running for pres. AND WINNING!!!

It's just possible that he DID have his buddy hold his beer while pulling off this trick shot. Most places, I would say, not possible, BUT THIS is an Illinois deer, so maybe!! LOL

Keith, nice mount, but I would have just HAD to mount that sucker with the arrow thru both ears. I don't know, just me I guess! LOL

17. BUZ

BUZ Member

Thanks everyone for your input and complements.