1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Game Head of the Week. (Starting Friday, Jan. 1st)

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by HOLMES, Jan 1, 2010.

1. HOLMES

HOLMES Active Member

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello and welcome to Game Head of the Week. Nice job last week guys. From beginners to the pros can share what they've been working on. You can post any game head it doesn't have to be a deer. No critiques please. This is just a place you can post with out fear. If you can email a pic but don't know how to post it you can email it to me and Ill post it for you. Thanks Brian Holmes

[email protected]

2. Buck Deer

Buck Deer Member

KY
    Here's mine for the New Year!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. coon hunter

coon hunter Truman Waddell 270-589-7828 Brownsville Ky

I fleshed and help mount one of those one time . Fun ain't they . LOL

4. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

nice buffalo

5. Curt

Curt Family Life member of the NTA

Big Job...

6. Boxie

Boxie New Member

Nice soft buffalo Buck Deer!

[​IMG]

7. A 170" gross on a Matt Thompson 7 1/4- 22"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Well-Known Member

Ohio
    Ron I really like the looks of that mount, might have to order one of those mannikins.
    And I really LOVE those Texas capes !! I used to get a few from my buddy Ben Haden.

9. cremmick

cremmick New Member

Ron, beautiful mount!

10. huntiholic

huntiholic Member

hey Buck Deer with the buffalo... the hair on the forhead should be combed downward not upward... look..
    [​IMG]

11. procull

procull QLD WILD GAME HARVESTER

12. KevinH

KevinH Active Member

Heres one I finished up the other day
    [​IMG]

13. Boxie and Ron love those mounts. Outstanding as always.

14. sawtooth taxi

sawtooth taxi New Member

Huntiholic, I sat and looked at that mount and couldn't pin what was bugging me. Thats it though. Don't get me wrong Buck Deer. The mount looks great. Just a little Donald Trumpish.

15. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

Game Head of The Week is critique free.

16. Here are a couple of "Christmas presents" I had to rush and get finished before the big day. The small seven point is my wife's first bow kill and was taken in 2007. It's mounted on a Buckeye upright. The eight point was killed by my step-son in November during rifle season. Its mounted on a McKenzie 8400 series. Wife and step-son were very surprised to see these two hanging together on the wall on Christmas morning!

Dougie

Attached Files:

17. jnc

jnc Love, Laugh.......Live!

Well, here goes....... My first attempt at posting a pic! This one's for Jason - it's the bou I finally got around to mounting :)
    [​IMG]

18. jnc

jnc Love, Laugh.......Live!

First of the season out the door..... someday I'll rig up one of those fancy backdrops.
    [​IMG]

19. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

commenting on the hair on that buffalo is hardly a critique. Perhaps he just wants to help him get a better look to that buffalo.

People need to stop being so sensitive about stuff like this!

20. Thanks guys. Nice work all who have posted.