1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

400 lb deer?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Wayne R, Jan 2, 2010.

1. if it is real thats a heck of a deer. :eek:

2. Oh I hear ya guys, and I'm not desputing being "unsure" anytime a photo pops up about it being altered in some way, shape or form.. That's why I put the "jk" at the end of the sentence. As a matter of fact, that picture Dennis put up of that hog I got about a month ago and said it was shot by a airport in Texas! Supposedly went OVER a 1000 lbs! These photos come out every day and I'm just as leery as the next guy lol.

3. Artie mags

Artie mags New Member

Are you kidding me not a drop of blood!What did CSI come in and clean up everything for the photo.I don't buy it.Do a google search nothing comes up at all.If this deer were taken something would be out there about it.

4. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Artie, that's not that unusual with these humongous pen raised deer. The one that Connie shot in Michigan was about 325 and he had as much fat on him as a pen raised boar. A guy using a .243, like Connie was, isn't going to poke a hole big enough to leak through and MOST PLACES, clean and pose the deer before ANY pictures are taken. You don't see an ear tag or button do you? BTW, it WAS pen raised. Go back a page and read it.

5. Artie mags

Artie mags New Member

I see that George thanks.Just bizzare not a drop of blood IMO.

6. Kevin M.

Kevin M. Active Member

No , But I've processed a lot of deer in my life. I was a meat cutter the first 1/2 of my life. And still process a few deer today. No where near the 200 deer a year that I used to. But 40-50 a year. And I have never seen a deer that fat or bloated. Just doesn't look right to me.
    Besides My girlfriend might get a litttle upset. I try to eat close to home these days!!!

7. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Kevin, trust me when I say this: that is NOT a deer like you've ever butchered obviously. The meat is as good as any prime rib or NY strip you've ever tasted. That venison is marbled like prime beef. It will melt in your mouth. Those deer get fed an exceptionally high fat to protein diet so that the rut is really a "non-event" to them during the cold of January.

8. rayray38821

rayray38821 New Member

same guy same deer
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Wilderness Whitetails Game Farm and Hunting Preserve is a family owned and operated whitetail deer farm in central Wisconsin. We have been raising whitetail deer since 1977 are are well known for providing world-class whitetail genetics all across the United States. We have sold many bucks as breeders scoring over 200 gross B&C. These great deer were all born and raised on our Wilderness Game Farm. Most of the bucks we have used for breeding over the past several years have scored between 250 and 492. These great deer were ALL born and raised on our Wilderness Game Farm. Many of the 300+ inch bucks in the industry also come from our genetics.

9. moosehorn

moosehorn New Member

Wonder how deep he dug in his pockets to pay for that deer??

10. KevinH

KevinH Active Member

Gold Hunt: $10,000 + Trophy Fee
    Mature bucks 170" +
    Trophy fees for bucks scoring over 180 B&C:

180 Gross B&C: $2,000
    190 Gross B&C: $5,000
    200 Gross B&C: Determined on individual deer basis

11. rayray38821

rayray38821 New Member

Thats people thats got more money than brains!!!

12. cremmick

cremmick New Member

Nice deer, but it would be like shooting fish in a barrel. Not much of a challenge. I'll take a smaller deer any day, that I actually had to out-smart to harvest. Free ranging with NO fences! Easier on the pocketbook to.

13. JE

JE Well-Known Member

I knew as soon as I read the title that the words "photo shopped" would appear ;D never fails LOL

14. Wayne R

Wayne R NRA and B&C Life Member

I was just glad to find some info on this deer. As mentioned earlier it was said to have come out of Maine, so I'm glad that got cleared up. It's really too bad that folks have change the info on emails, as they circulate through the country. Thanks for the photos, and the update.

15. Bill Dishman

Bill Dishman Well-Known Member

the guy is wearing 2 different outfits, one at night and another during the day. Pictures look to have been taken at 2 different locations, deer not gutted in either. what did he do, let it spoil for a few days while he moved it around the county for photo ops? Fake!

16. Mason

Mason Active Member

They are never gutted for next day photos. On all the hunting shows on TV.
    Fake or not though, cool deer!

17. That's just un-called for honestly.

Anyways, as for the deer: It's not photoshopped, but it does look like he may have taken the photo in just the right way to make it look bigger than actual size.
    It's easy to tell if something is photoshopped, by zooming in on the image in an image editing program, and inspecting the areas where there should be distortion. :)

Hogzilla was a big hog, but it was the same thing basicly... Take a picture in just the right way, and you look small, and the animal looks HUGE! Here's an example...

[​IMG]
    It's a big dog, yes.... But it's not THAT big. :p

18. Chuck Adams made these poses famous! Just like Rhasputin said, you stay behind the animal and extend it forward towards the camera. Kind of funny how good it works. Look at how his arms are extended on the newer picture. Also, I'm seeing some blood on the rear leg now ;)

19. Yeah. I see the blood in that new pic too.

Also, in the new pic, the animal looks big, but not HUUUUUGR like in the original picture. That one is believable. But the antlers are extended towards the camera, and they look HUUUUGE in the new picture. :p

20. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

I can't tell for sure, but it looks like it might have been gutted before the second photo was taken.
    I looked at the deer on that website and all I can say is ... some people have more dollars than sense.
    There were some pretty ones but some of those non-typicals were just plain ugly. Huge, but ugly.
    (In my opinion, only)