1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

400 lb deer?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Wayne R, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Your forgivin Dave. ;) :D

2. buxxx

buxxx New Member

I also hunt with hounds. I just think at some point we as taxidermists and hunters have to draw a line somewhere. Like I said I'm not sure where that line is but to me it makes hunters look bad among the public in general. I don't believe snagging fish out of a washtub is fishing but in saying that it doesn't hurt the fishings public fight with the antis either. I believe a parent has the right to spank their child but not to beat them to a pulp. I believe we all have the right to bear arms but I won't get upset if I can't buy an anti aircraft missle. This does not make me anti gun. These examples are all extremes as is calling canned hunts actual "hunting". I have the utmost respect for hunters who obtain their trophies by fair chase. That is why they are mounting them as a memory of something they worked hard to achieve. Like you , I am a hunter and their are certain forms of hunting maybe I don't agree with but I would never ever challenge them as maybe some people don't agree with the way I hunt. My point is this: The man with his beloved 400 pound 200'' deer did not HUNT it. He bought it and that is the end of the story. How come Boone and Crockett nor Pope and Young wouldn't accept his trophy 200 '' buck. Are they anti hunting also? Well they must be if they are dictating this type of hunting is not acceptable!!!!!!! Even they know this man bought a tame animal and pretended to hunt it. I guess what gets to me is when people start talking about this animal as maybe being a new record of some sort. It should be embarrassing for us to even compare this tame hog to a wild deer. Again this is my opinion . Don't bother calling me names, etc.... as you only embarrass yourself. If you have a comment post it but let's not be idiots to each other. I think there are a LOT of others out there that believe what I do but are timid in speaking their minds because of false accusations that the minority post. In fact I know this beacause 9 out of 10 hunters that come to my shop would frown upon this.

3. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

So you know for a fact that the man could have walked up & petted this deer ??? That's weird, on the ranches here the deer run like hell if they see you.

4. We get it buxxx, the horse is dead so stop it. You know what they say about opinions. SCI helps the hunting industry a good bit and they recognise any animal, so not that it is but it could be a record and that's a fact. Time to move on to something else. ;)

5. michael p.

He's a yankee Dennis.....he can't help himself

6. buxxx

buxxx New Member

lol. 100% success rate and you don't need a "hunting" license. hmmmmmmm............... they mustn't run real far . OK HERE WE GO AGAIN!! LETS STOP !

7. buxxx

buxxx New Member

8. LOL, I'm sure he will prove you right Michael. ::)

See, I couldn't even type it fast enough. :D Once again your mistaken, you do still have to get a license fence or not to take whitetail. Please stop buxxx, your just proving you have no idea what you talking about.

I don't have anything against the south either. ;)

9. buxxx

buxxx New Member

Problem with people from the northern U.S.??????????????? I have no prejudice against southerners. At least I'm beginning to understand you comparing yourself to a fish on your icon. ( size of brain?) lol ok let's stop. we've had our fun!

10. buxxx

buxxx New Member

NOT IN MY STATE. WHO'S THE DUMMY NOW???????????CHECK THE LAWS BEFORE YOU MAKE ACCUSATIONS . NICE EFFORT THOUGH!

11. You do in my state, and in TX. You didn't say in your state only....but then again you only worry about your little world. Sad.

12. [quote

Don't bother calling me names, etc.... as you only embarrass yourself. If you have a comment post it but let's not be idiots to each other. [/quote]

Practice what you preach tard.LOL :D ::)

13. buxxx

buxxx New Member

Look where the 400 pound deer was shot dumdum. lol Think before you type.

14. buxxx

buxxx New Member

Just defending my fellow YANKEES as you guys put it. I'M DONE . HAVE A NICE EVENING!!

Practice what you preach tard.LOL :D ::)
    [/quote]

15. Your hypocrisy knows no boundary. I'm sure your fellow yanks are proud to have you protect and represent them. ::)

16. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Buxxx, you've done pretty well. In less than 30 posts you've alienated half the people here and convinced most of them that you're an ass. They probably have some record book for that as well. Don't try to lay that guilt trip of "someplace we taxidermists and hunters have to draw a line" bulls hit. It's called "ethics" and what's ethical to YOU may not be to someone else. IS IT LEGAL??? Once it passes that smell test, then opinions like yours are just like noses. You don't say where you're from, but if you ARE from the northeast, you truly don't have a clue about anything happening in the world of whitetails and whitetail farmings. The "preserves" you're accustomed to are quarter acre lots with watch towers over them and "guides" who're kicking animals out of shoots. That's why I call them skeet goats.

What do you say to the guy who shoots a bison? There's no such thing as a "free range" bison any more. How about a longhorn steer? A wild boar? Axis Deer? Sika? Gemsbok? and the list goes on. Why do you want to be so lily white over whitetails and not over African game (today virtually all safaris are high fence concessions). For some reason guys like you think whitetails are sacrosanct. Only when market hunting was outlawed did that opinion begin to matter. Today, modern farms are learning that genetics actually play a lesser role than quality high protein, high fat diets. That's something we'd have never known without them. They're also learning about whitetail unique diseases and problems that would have gone unnoticed for years. And they raise these deer just like any other cash crop. Your chirping about drawing the line is hypocritical. How else can you justify eating a T-bone, a lambchop or a ovenstuffer chicken? If YOUR ethics are so refined that you find a practice unsavory, then by all means ABSTAIN. To try and undermine someone else ethics hardly does any hunter any good in the end and YOU become just as bad a problem as an antihunter.

17. michael p.

buxxx, do you have a brother named Michael "Buck" Rogers ??? U 2 share some eerily familiar characteristics

18. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

EWWW Michael. I didn't even think about that. It ie eerie, isn't it. LMAO

19. rayray38821

rayray38821 New Member

Boy I love this post!!! better than the tanning post!!

20. Kevin M.

Kevin M. Active Member

Well buxxx is still on line . Just not enough of a man to talk any more. Let alone put ANY info about himself in his profile !!!