1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

400 lb deer?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Wayne R, Jan 2, 2010.

1. cremmick

cremmick New Member

The more I look at the pics that Ray posted on page 4 of this thread with the same deer in a different pose, I think something is fishy. The guy in relation to the size of the deer in the original pic.... he looks way smaller and in the other pic Ray posted.....the deer looks average sized and is about the same size as the hunter. It looks nothing like the original pic. I agree with the others, that that dudes thumb and finger are huge if he can wrap his hand around those heavy horns that easily. Something is just not right.

2. NDNHunter

NDNHunter 2007 World Chamionships, Reno

Not trying to jack this thread, but it is titled 400 lb. deer. I took this deer in Alberta several years ago in the Edmonton area. I wish the camera man got the whole deer... :-\ This is a totally wild buck from the battle river. ;) I've handled many 300 to 350 lb. deer over the years but none of them could compare to this limo...
    No bait either...

Attached Files:

3. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Holy frickin moly!

4. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

We're not all as bad as this guy MP. Even I'm shaking my head at this one.

5. Wayne R

Wayne R NRA and B&C Life Member

NDNHunter, that is a beautiful deer, just an outstanding buck. Congratulations! Were you able to get a weight on that one?

6. George, I don't think that is his thumb we are seeing on the left side. It looks like part of the antler.

7. NDNHunter

NDNHunter 2007 World Chamionships, Reno

I did not get to weigh him Wayne. The eye-nose measurement was 8 1/4, the neck at the swell over the hair tight was 32". Look at the front leg, with both hands you can not get them to touch around. It literally looked like a yearling cow with antlers laying there. Everyone that saw it said it was the most massive bodied deer they ever seen. I have a few more pics. of this deer if I can find them. I'll look.

8. D.Taximan

D.Taximan Member

Here is a link to the Silver Ridge Buck scored 239 4/8" . I hunt this area of Maine friend of mine has a camp up the road in Crystal. That buck is reason keep hunting Maine http://mainehuntingtoday.com/bbb/2009/01/10/fred-goodwin-and-his-silver-ridge-buck/

9. look on wildernesswhitetails.com this same pic is in there 2009 gallery. they are a ranch in wisconsin, the same people that had "sudden impact" the 2 year old 406" deer.

10. Wayne R

Wayne R NRA and B&C Life Member

This has already been mentioned, but folks aren't picking up on that, and are still questioning whether or not it was photoshopped to begin with. I was glad to find out that it came from a game farm in WI so I could stop the info I had, that it came from Maine.

Doug, that was an interesting link. I read something on him maybe a year or two ago, that was also interesting. I spent a lot of time in the northern woods of Maine just north, and east of Baxter state park. There is more moose, and bear up there than deer, but they sure have some bruiser bucks, which why I was trying to see if anyone had any info on the original photo.

11. Manderscheidt

Manderscheidt New Member

Buxxx thinks its wrong to hunt deer behind a fence, and most of you don't. So what? Does that make him wrong and the rest of you right simply because he is outnumbered here? Does that make it ok to call him an "ass" or "idiot"? Is someone an "ass" simply because they disagree with you and continue to argue the point? If you continue to argue back are you any different?

Does that make you an "ass" George? You are the most outspoken, name calling person on this site, yet because enough people say your a good guy I give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you are. Its ok to assume duxxx is just a stupid Yankee, but if somebody said JP is married to a greasy Mexican would that be an acceptable stereotype? I can only assume he is mighty proud of her as she is pictured or mentioned in his post mores than all the spouses of those frequenting this site. Or is it only ok to gang up and say negative things about taxidermists that we disagree with? Or guys that don't live on here and post ten times a day?

I have received good advice from many on here, including George. Am I not welcome to ask questions if I don't fit in? Do we all have to have the same opinion about all things taxidermy/hunting to be accepted? If feeling this way makes me an "ass" or "stupid yankee", just let me know and I won't bother you anymore, but I would like to think I am accepted even if I may have a different view of high fence hunting.

Did duxxx beat a dead horse a little too long? I think he did, but so what? It takes more than one person to have a running disagreement, and he did less name calling than those who argued against him. There was much more harsh, critical words said by those that disagreed with duxxx than what he said, yet he is the idiot in the arguement?

Sorry for even feeling the need to post this, but I see so much clannish behavior on this site that I rarely feel I can express an opinion that might offend one of the "clan" for fear of being ganged up on. I bet if Yox would have come out and disagreed with high fence hunting as strongly as duxxx did he wouldn't have been insulted in the same manner, and it would be nice if all posters, regardless of their posting frequency or taxidermy talent, would receive the same respect.

12. buxxx

buxxx New Member

Thank you Manderscheidt and all that have emailed me also. It seems there are a lot of members on here that agree with me but are hesitant to post anything. A number of them said they have been " beat up" by the same little clan . That's alright though, as they've had their fun and lose a little more respect on this site. Here's the deal . I don't agree with people shooting these "record" bucks behind fences and then posting it all over the internet like it was some big deal. I think it belittles the way people look at hunters. I would never try to ban this type of shooting but feel I can voice my opinion. I have worked on dairy farms, mink ranches, veal barns in my younger days and would never side with the antis. I guess the problem I have is with these guys bragging when all they did was buy a deer. I understand some of you emailing me and not posting on the site. It only adds attention to these outspoken guys that hide behind their keyboards. By the way CONGRATS to NDNHunter on your deer. That is a REAL trophy that you should be very proud of!!! Nuff said.

13. POTSKCUB

POTSKCUB Member

I'm with you guys. 99 percent of the people on here are very courteous and are here for the right reasons. I thought it was hilarious that someone called you a imbecile and spells it wrong. Then his buddy jumps in and makes fun of you for not knowing game laws and it turns out he was the one that was wrong. I don't care how you cut it THAT'S JUST FUNNY! Then again, I'm just a dumb "Yankee" like you. I knew as soon as they called you a yankee that their intelligence level was not up to standard. Just wanted to let you know there are a lot of people that echo your thoughts. None of us are antis but we have opinions .

14. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

It's Embececil :)

It could have been other day, you could have changed the oil in your car with her hair.

Now all you stupid Yankee's can it ;D

15. rayray38821

rayray38821 New Member

IMO the photo has not been photoshop,the camera angle and how far you sit back from the deer! also if a guy wants to go hunt in high fence great! I would if I was rich!!! If you want to a BITCH about it being on the net contact wilderness whitetail.

16. Manderscheidt

Manderscheidt New Member

It wouldn't be worth the drive all the way down to Texas, I would need to change it again when I got back!!! ;D

17. It's MP, not JP. LOL! ::)

Theme song for you. ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IU1bzZheWk

18. joeuhuh

joeuhuh New Member

buxx u keep spouting about them posting it allover the internet well the person who shot that deer wasnt theone posting the pic jsut somone asking aobut the deer no matter how the deer was taken once its dead u have to respect the sheer size of the deer itself not the hunter or means with which it was killed -- we mount dead stuff and appreciate big dead stuff no matter how it was obtained as long as it was legal i see nothing wrong with somone going hunting ina 15k acre high fenced area sure the bucks have as much as theycould want to eat and have a lot better chance of living to be big but they are still running around in several square miles of country i dont particularly enjjoy the thought of peopel hunting ina 20 acre preserve where u shoot a deer who has only one place to eat and drink but no matter how unfair the chase was the lack of respect for that method of hunting has nothing to do with the respect u should have for the miracle the thing grew out its noggin the hunter who shot that deer is nowhere on this site so why even bother poohpoohing him jsut look at the picture of a huge overfed deer with 4 deers worth of horn on his head and shake ur head in wonder

19. rayray38821

rayray38821 New Member

Now thats funny I don't care who you are!!

20. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Well-Known Member

Ohio
    buxxx, how can you say "It only adds attention to these outspoken guys that hide behind their keyboards" ? When you are the one with no identity and everything hidden. Now thats funny.

What gets me is you come on here & start bad mouthing high fence ranch hunting comparing all ranches to the ONE you worked at. Thats like comparing all hunters to some of the slob hunters we all know.
    I can guarantee you that out of the 5 ranches near me, there are NO tame deer like yours !! There is no walking up to shoot anything ! I can see you have not been to to many hunting ranches !! By the way you explain it, I would say the place you work at is a petting zoo, not a legit hunting ranch !!
    I still do not understand how any hunter, taxidermist or outdoors person can bad mouth any legal way to hunt or harvest a animal. This just adds fuel to the fire for the antis. I guess it goes back to what George once said, that taxidermist are some of the dumbest people on earth, HAHA
    Oh & by the way, I did not see anyone saying anything about this buck being any type of record like you said. If a pic of a buck was posted being some kind of free range record & was shot behind high fence, then I would agree with you.