1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

How many skulls do you clean per year?

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by MattHCT, Jan 3, 2010.

1. MattHCT

MattHCT New Member

75 for my shop. 25 wholesale.

2. well, I did 38 last year and I only could muster up 56 (all types) this year. I was looking to do over 100 but it looks like its still a long way off

3. MattHCT

MattHCT New Member

Those are good numbers.

4. joeyarcher

joeyarcher New Member

Just finished up the book work for 2009. 416 skulls for the fiscal year, I picked up 6 more taxidermist for the 2010 year in hope to top 500 for the coming year.

5. TnT Mounts

TnT Mounts Where Every Animal is a Trophy

I got in 107 this past year. My goal for the upcoming year is 150.

6. sherpa-Al

sherpa-Al New Member

17 is my grand total, mostly bears and moose, one mulie. This year should be better though, going to start advertising.

Al.

7. WhiteSkullz

WhiteSkullz New Member

my first year and ended up with about 40....about a dozen are freebies or discounted ones for buddy's.. I am hoping to get 100 actual paying customers next year....

how do you clean over 400 skulls in a year ? I couldnt imagine getting that many - i am getting behind with just what i have, degreasing is taking longer then i hoped and i have no more room for more heads in my set up !!!

8. 7 - and as far as I am concerned, that is 7 too many!

Bruce

9. ndindy

ndindy New Member

Just set up, did around 25 I think. Or doing anyway. Took in that many. Degreasing takes forever. I could probably have them all and another 25 through the bugs without a problem in the time it takes to degrease 20 of them.

10. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

~ 100 or so.

11. hamman

hamman SKULL AND BONES TAXIDERMY

First year and so far nearly 50. I have people calling now that have decided not to do a shoulder mount so I am expecting another 10 or so. I got several more than I expected.

12. AndyB

AndyB New Member

12 Whitetail deer, 32 coon, 3 red fox, 1 gray fox, 2 badger, 1 porcupine, 17 woodchucks, 18 muskrats, 4 snapping turtles, and to many mice, voles, shrews to count LOL... for a total of 90 profitable skulls

13. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

Im with you Bucknut. One is one to many.

14. Got 36, mainly whitetail & bear

15. bugboy

bugboy New Member

I have 50 or skulls this year and the season isn't over yet......

16. Bone Heads

Bone Heads Kristen M. Armenia

17. 7 (personal use only!)

18. Kevin M.

Kevin M. Active Member

One this year. None last year. People don't even know what they are around here!!

19. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

20. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

The other question would be, what is your turnaround time for the amount you do?

46 plus some more on the way. Around 35 done and out the door.