1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

pheasant dvd

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Wood Shark, Jan 4, 2010.

1. im coming over from the deer head side and need to ask you bird experts a question. I am wanting to mount pheasants in the flying position, what in your estimation is the best tutorial dvd out there. i much prefer to use the newest techniques, bird body forms, cast head etc. Thanks for your input, RG

2. Raspy

Raspy New Member

I bought Danny Owens Pheasant DVD. it is very easy to follow. From skinning, fleshing to mounting and finishing. He uses the real head though

3. trophy mount TN

trophy mount TN Trophy Mount Taxidermy

i have the the new breakthrough Brian Harness, mounting a flying pheasant for 20$ total. saves u about 12$ if u want it? u can see the pheasant i mounted from it on my website @ trophymount.shutterfly.com. all my contact info is on there as well.

4. I've purchased both pheasant videos (standing and flying) from https://www.taxidermytrainingunlimited.com. One is by Brian Harness and the other Danny Owens. Both are very well done. They demonstrate tail removal etc. Just a comment you should check out. Jeff.

5. Kastaway

Kastaway Taxidermist, Pioneer of Freeze Drying 1969

Tony Finazzo has the newest dvd on mounting a pheasant. It has the newest tips and techniques and is done in chapters so if you need to refresh your memory on something, you do not have to watch the entire dvd. It is available at www.kastaway.com as well as WASCO and many other suppliers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

I need to pay more attention. I had no idea you and Tony made a pheasant video.
    There's another one I'll have to add to my library ;D

7. Kastaway

Kastaway Taxidermist, Pioneer of Freeze Drying 1969

After we finish editing the dvds we filmed with Tom Voyer, there will be 34 dvd in the series. The list of completed dvd is available at www.kastaway.com