1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

EURO MOUNT HELP !!

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by trueblood, Jan 4, 2010.

1. trueblood

trueblood New Member

Okay i am wanting to know the best way to mount a euro skull to the PANEL. I have read about using bondo but don't quit understand the proses? If you have a good way to mount a euro i would like to know how you do it . I use toggel bolts but I'm afraid after time the toggel bolts will break the skull bone am i right or will it be okay to use toggel bolts i personally don't like to be able to see the screw in the back but it shouldn't really matter to the customer cause they will never see it but i know there is a better way PLAEASE HELP THANKS !!!

2. jbnf

jbnf New Member

Just my way of doing it but I use a 3 in deck screw or 3 inch small bolt. I have never had an issue with them breaking the skull. Be sure and drill a pilot hole first. Also I don't tighten them down to the panel so hard it would put alot of pressure on the skull. I have skulls that have been on the walls for almost 10 years now that were done this way. Through 3 moves they are still firmly attached with no breaking.

I have never tried the bondo method used in MP's tutorial.

3. wayne70

wayne70 Member

" on the screw way. Also put the screw in the top of skull where bone is thick.

5. I drill a hole in the triangular shaped area under the brain cavity, insert a plastic anchor and then run a 2" long, #8 screw through the pre drilled hole in my plaque into the anchor and snug it down. My son and I sell our plaques at shows and we had to come up with an attachment that our customers could do themselves when they got home. It is simple and easy to do and it holds the head in place. We have a head and show them where to drill the hole and each customer gets an anchor and screw in a bag with a sticker telling them what size hole to drill. We always ask repeat customers if they had any problem mounting their heads and have never gotten a complaint.

6. MattHCT

MattHCT New Member

QBD. X2

7. 1inch pvc water pipe, gind out the spinal cord area to accept the pvc, epoxy it in place. then screws. use a bit of apoxie sculpt to cover the hole and a touch of bass belly white. predrill the holes int he bone so it does not crack.

8. roundman81

roundman81 New Member

WI
    What type of plastic anchor? Thanks.

9. One about like the one in this link:

http://www.homedepot.com/Tools-Hardware-Hardware-Fasteners-Fasteners-Anchors/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xnuZapyy/R-100338697/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

10. WildlifeLady

WildlifeLady Member

Ohio
    www.eurobracket.com ::)

11. tomdes

tomdes Me my dear and Fall BAZZ!!!

I've used the toggle/wing bolt forever and never had a problem with them coming loose. My only suggestion is to use those thin flexible plastic cutting boards when you're attaching the skull to the panel so the teeth don't scratch the wood. When you have everything lined up and semi-tightened down, then pull out the plastic sheet and crank another turn on the bolt to lock in place forever.

12. WATCHER

WATCHER New Member

3D Easy Mounts.com. Slide the clean Skull onto the wood dowel, drill thru the skull into the dowel, insert one #6 size screw and it is ready to deliver to customer

13. 2X with tomdes
    I also use the toggle/wing bolt forever and never had a problem.
    I use a heavy piece of felt so you don't scratch the wood.

14. X3 wing nut and bolt here