1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

First Lifesize

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Ted B, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

I'm not usually a lifesize guy, but I'm finally getting into it. This is my first piece. Had some help from Walker with some alterations, but otherwise its my work.

This is definitely not a Walker, Harris, Soucy or the like piece but I'm happy with it.

Lemme have it.

BTW, I'm not great at habitat so I know it sucks LMAO .

Attached Files:

2. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

:-X

Attached Files:

3. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

;D

Attached Files:

4. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

::)

Attached Files:

5. jlp

jlp New Member

it's death?

6. juniper

juniper Active Member

Ted I would say that the first 2 pictures do not do it justice. But the last 2 are awesome. Good job !!

7. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

looks good to me. good job.

8. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Ted,

Nice eye rotation! A little too pink/flesh on the lips ... could tone it down some with some Dark Umber so there is more of a blending. Nice ear set, and open mouth work. Good looking nose ... skin or repro? Just curious - or nosy! ;D Good looking feet and toes. Overall, Ted ... a damn fine mount! Be proud to have in my home! ;) Good work!

John.

9. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

Thanks Guys!

John, thats the real nose there :) I was trying to think of what colour would tone down those lips, I was thinking Raw Umber, but I did have some reference of bears with bright pink lips. Next one will be toned down to more.

10. Nyati

Nyati I love tahr huntin

I agree. The mouth, nose and eye rotation look good, very nice looking mount Ted.

11. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    I thought that might be the actual mounted nose, but on here you never know! Nice nose work!

Yeah, I thought about my statement regarding the lips after the fact. It's the damned flash! They always wash the subject out, and make nice paint jobs look way too "light." If you can, try using a daylight bulb in an aluminum reflector. You get a much less harsh looking photo. You can get them at many photography stores. Sylvania and GE makes them.
    This is one style ...
    [​IMG]
    http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Daylight+photo+floods&FORM=IGRE4#focal=dc25e6b81701e6944503f095aee093f9&furl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.overstockdrugstore.com%2fproduct_images%2fs%2f046135152238.jpg

All that aside ... nice bear mount, Ted!

John.

12. D.C.O

D.C.O Dreamcatcher Outfitters & Taxidermy

Very nice eye rotation, It makes the mount ;)

13. LOOKIN4DEAL2

LOOKIN4DEAL2 Yes he is mans best friend!

Very good i can wait to do one myself!

14. awesome bear

15. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

Well, this was just picked up tonight, my customer freakin loved it! Said it looks just like the bear when he took it! I guess I can't ask for higher praise than that. LOL ;D

Colour me very happy!

16. tjaxtax

tjaxtax Member

good looking bear 8)

17. oldboar

oldboar Taxidermy...do the impossible:)

Nice job...nice bear

18. Nice looking bear......I like the rotated eyes........if you ever have spent any time up close and personal hunting those critters, you will see that look more often than not......it's like they are trying to take a peak at you but just don't want to make it look obvious. Nice work.......Marco

19. Curt

Curt Family Life member of the NTA

Great looking bear... You nailed it. Great work on the feet, this is an area I must really work hard at. you got it. Great job.